Unable to process pdf file using v4.1.0.0

Hi,

I am attempting to concatenate a group of pdf files using PdfFileEditor.Concatenate method. This document is supplied by a 3rd party so I cannot change it or determine how it was created (it may have been with Windows Adobe Distiller 9.3.0).

In Pdf.Kit v2.0.0.0, I was using the PdfFileStamp trick to compress the Pdf documents (for some reason just opening the file with PdfFileStamp and closing it into a new stream significantly reduced the size of the resulting pdf). However v2.0.0.0 fails to open the document with “Unknown encryption type: 4”.

I tried using Pdf.Kit v4.1.0.0 but I get the error “Index was outside the bounds of the array” when it is processing the security for the document. This is either on the PdfFileStamp.Close method or if I remove that on the PdfFileEditor.Concatenate method. (Unfortuantely the PdfFileStamp compression trick no longer seems to work in this version).

Regards,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

I have tested these issues at my end and noticed the same problems. I have logged these issues as under:

PDFKITNET-14706 - Issue while concatenating files
PDFKITNET-14709 - Issue while calling PdfFileStamp.Close() method

As far as the trick to compress the file is concerned, I would like to share with you that we have introduced a new mechanism to compress the PDF files; this feature was already logged as PDFKITNET-9979 in our issue tracking system. This new mechanism will be available in our upcoming monthly release which will be published during next week.

Our team will look into the other issues and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once the issues are resolved. Moreover, you’ll also be updated with our upcoming release via this forum thread. Please download the latest version and try it at your end once it is published.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and looking forward to help you out.
Regards,

Hi,

Awesome news about the compression! Looking forward to testing this out next week.

Thanks,
Paul.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 9979) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(2)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 14709;14706) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.