Unable to publish reports containg Built-in MS Excel Formulas and RepeatDynamicFormula

When publishing reports containing both MS Excel 2007 built-in formulas along with repeat dynamic formulas, I receive errors.

I have attached a screenshot of the error when uploading the attached .rdl file received from reporting services as well as the MS Excel Designer File.

We are currently using Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services v1.7.0.36.

It appears MS Excel formulas cannot be used in conjuction with repeat dynamic formulas but according to your documentation "Dynamic formulas allow you to insert MS Excel's formulas into cells even when a formula must reference rows that will be inserted during the export process."

Has the latest version of Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services changed the way it handles MS Excel Formulas?

Your assistance is required to resolve this issue.

Hi,

thanks for providing us the RDL file and screen shot.

I have logged a ticket for your issue with an id: CELSSREP-29059. We will soon look into it.

thank you.
Hi,

We have checked your provided file and found the issues. Actually SSRS does not support VLOOPUP function, so this cannot be fixed.

Hi,

Sorry for typo VLOOPUP , we actually meant VLOOKUP function

Functions such as VLOOKUP, EOMONTH, SUMIF, SUMIFS, ISNA, IF, DATE, ROUNDUP, etc, are standard MS Excel formulas which we use extensively in our Excel Spreadsheets which we would like exported as a report. They are native to Excel and should have no bearing with SSRS.

Your Aspose help document states "Dynamic formulas allow you to insert MS Excel's formulas into cells even when a formula must reference rows that will be inserted during the export process." If SSRS did not support/recognise Standard Excel Formulas, then your document and the whole purpose for using Aspose is pointless!

I have been able to export an Excel Report containing formula's including VLOOKUP, EOMONTH, SUMIF, SUMIFS, ISNA, IF, DATE, ROUNDUP with the Dynamic Formula Smart Marker extracting data from a dataset populated from a Stored Procedure using Aspose v1.5.3. Aspose v1.5.3 however, has other issues.

If SSRS did not support Standard Excel Formulas then previous versions of Aspose would never have worked, Dynamic formulas would be redundant and there would be no benefit in using Aspose!

Please clarify why reports generated with Aspose v1.5.3 using formulas like VLOOKUP publish within SSRS and can be exported but reports generated with Aspose v1.7.0.36 cannot be published ???

I have attached the same design file as previous but this time created/saved using aspose v1.5.3.

This design file exports successfully!

Hi,

Thank you for your support. We have found the issues.

Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services v1.5.3 can publish excel formulas functions like VLOOKUP because the cells value for RepeatDynamicFormula regard string when it publishes report.

Now, the latest version cannot publish because the cells value for RepeatDynamicFormula regard function. So this issue appears.

We will fixed the issues ASAP.

But you cannot view accurate value for RepeatDynamicFormula cell at Reporting Services Report Page.

Hi,

Please try this new fixed.

We had tested your provide report define file, it can be published by the fixed version.

Download Links:
ACRS.MSI.V1.7.0.39.part1.rar
ACRS.MSI.V1.7.0.39.part2.rar

Note:
Please download all parts and place them in a folder, then using WinRar, extract them.

If you face any other issues, please inform us any time.