Unable to read multiple DATAMATRIX images from tiff file

Hi, I am using aspose-barcode-6.8.0.jar to read multiple barcode from tiff file which has 9 barcode in one page, barcode type is DATAMATRIX and dpi is 200x200. We cannot change the dpi settings.

But I am able to read only 5 barcodes out of 9. Please help me to resolve it…

Code which i am using is given below.
String fileName = “test.tif”;
Iterator readers = javax.imageio.ImageIO.getImageReadersBySuffix(“tiff”);
if (readers.hasNext()) {
File fi = new File(fileName);
ImageInputStream iis = javax.imageio.ImageIO.createImageInputStream(fi);
TIFFDecodeParam param = null;
ImageDecoder dec = ImageCodec.createImageDecoder(“tiff”, fi, param);
//Get the page count of the tiff image
int pageCount = dec.getNumPages();
ImageReader _imageReader = (ImageReader) (readers.next());
if (_imageReader != null) {
_imageReader.setInput(iis, true);
for (int i = 0; i < pageCount; i++) {
BufferedImage _bufferedImage = _imageReader.read(i);
BarCodeReader reader = new BarCodeReader(_bufferedImage, BarCodeReadType.DataMatrix);
while (reader.read()) {
System.out.println(reader.getCodeText());
}
}
}
}

Best Regards,
Palanivelu R

Hi Palanivelu,

Thank you for contacting support. We have tested your barcode picture against the latest build of Aspose.BarCode 6.8.0 and managed to replicate the problem of recognition failure cases. We have logged this issue under ticket id BARCODJAVA-33518 in our issue tracking system. Your post has also been linked to this issue. We’ll keep you informed regarding any available updates. We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi Palanivelu,

Thank you for the inquiry. This issue has just been identified and our product team requires a little time to investigate it. Once it is fixed, then you will get an email intimation. Furthermore, we keep our customers informed regarding any available updates.

Hi Imran, Thanks a lot. Any estimated time to get solution for this issue?

Thanks and Regards,
Palanivelu R

Hi Palanivelu,

Thank you for asking about an update. The provided barcode picture is damaged from the left side. Our product team is working over cell correction algorithms. It could take a little time than usual. Meanwhile, please check the cause of this damage by reviewing the encoding and other picture processing tasks. We hope, this may help.

Hi Imran, Thanks a lot for your quick response.
I have done the scan again for the same page. Now I am able to read 6 images out of 9. Latest file (test2.tiff) has been attached for your review.

Still unable to read 9/9 from this file.

Thanks and Regards,
Palanivelu R

Hi Palanivelu,

Thank you for scanning again and providing us a new sample picture. We noticed that we can now read 1st and 3rd column barcodes (total 6 codes). Previously, we were able to read 5 codes from 2nd and 3rd columns. We have passed this information to our product team. Indeed, this will help in their investigations. Please spare us a little time and stay tuned.

Hi Imran,

Thanks a lot for your detailed analysis. Let me know if any solutions found to get text from 9/9 images.

Thanks and Regards,
Palanivelu R

Hi Palanivelu,

Thank you for writing to us. Sure, we’ll let you know once it is marked as resolved.

Hi Palanivelu,

Thank you for contacting us through the live chat. Please note, the reported issue is among the highest priority queue under normal support level. Our product team is busy in resolving other high level priority issues. We have already intimated them to look into the matter. We’ll let you know immediately once an update is available to us.

Regarding ETA, please note that the Aspose.BarCode for Java version is fully ported from its .NET version. So we first need to fix it in its .NET version. Our product team has plans to include its fix in the next couple of releases, and then it will be ported in its Java version. This process could take a little time, e.g. 2 or 3 months (a rough estimate). We really appreciate your cooperation.

Hi Palanivelu,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that its .NET issue id BARCODENET-34183 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.BarCode for .NET 7.1.0.

Hi Imran,

Thanks a lot for your action and response on this.

Thanks and Regards,
Palanivelu R

The issues you have found earlier (filed as BARCODENET-34183) have been fixed in Aspose.BarCode for .NET 7.2.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi Palanivelu,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that its Java issue id BARCODJAVA-33518 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.BarCode for Java 7.2.0.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as BARCODJAVA-33518) have been fixed in Aspose.BarCode for Java 7.2.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.