Unable to read table from pdf row by row

Hi Team,

I’m using com.aspose.aspose-pdf version:19.10 for java. to read table with below code but its not reading the data row by row. Instead, it looks like col by col and few cols are missing.New IR21.pdf (81.0 KB)

Below is code snippet :
Document pdfDocument = new Document(in);
// Create TableAbsorber object to find tables
TableAbsorber absorber = new TableAbsorber();
absorber.visit(pdfDocument.getPages().get_Item(1));
for(AbsorbedTable table:absorber.getTableList())
{
for(AbsorbedCell cell : row.getCellList())
{
for(TextFragment text : cell.getTextFragments())
{
System.out.print(text.getText()+" ");
}

System.out.print("|");
			}
			System.out.println("-------------------------------------------");
		}
		System.out.println("===========================================");
	}

@shan87

Thank you for contacting support.

We have been able to notice partial text when it looks like merged cells in a row. We will be investigating it further but can you please elaborate with labelled screenshots that which columns are missing? Before sharing requested data, please ensure using Aspose.PDF for Java 19.10.

Hi Farhan,

Thanks for reply.

Yes I have used Aspose.PDF java 19.10. I’m attaching the output in text file. None of the tables are getting displayed row by row. It’s not differentiating one table from another either.

Regards.aposePDF19_10_Output.zip (1.2 KB)

@shan87

We have logged a ticket with ID PDFJAVA-39023 in our issue management system for further investigation and resolution. The ticket ID has been linked with this thread so that you will receive notification as soon as the ticket is resolved.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFJAVA-39023) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for Java 24.1.