Unable to save email in MSG format

Hi

I'm using the Aspose.Network to create and save email messages using SMTP, but when I select the msg format to save in, I get an "Format not supported" exception.

We purchased a full Aspose.Total licence for one year, this expired in August 2008. I notice that the msg format was incoroporated in version 4.2.0.0, which was released 3 weeks after our update expired.

My issue is that in the enumeration of save formats, MSG is available, it just doesn't work with my version, so I don't see why I should now have to buy another license to address what is essentially missing functionality. Can I get a release of code that has this functionality in it without having to spend another $500 on a licence?

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Could you please tell us which version of Aspose.Network are you using? Please also post the code that raises this exception for our testing. You may send the sample code and license file to me using the forum “Contact” --> “Send saqib.razzaq an email”.

Below sample code creates a message and save it to disk as .msg file:

MailMessage msg = new MailMessage("sender@domain.com", "recipient@domain.com");
msg.Subject = “subject of email”;
msg.TextBody = “text body of email”;
msg.Save(@“E:\Data\Aspose\temp\test.msg”, MessageFormat.Msg);

Hi,

I have checked the license file. According to the policy, you need to get a new license to use the latest version, which have the msg saving feature. The enum was there in 3.9 and 4.0 for some other purpose, but msg save feature was added in 4.2.

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Whilst I appreciate you are protecting your revenue, I find the idea that you can release essentially unfinshed code and then try to charge me extra for fixing it a bit much. The enumeration "MessageFormat" is passed as a parameter into a Save method, which when invoked throws a "Not Implemented" exception, there is nothing in the method call or the enumeration that tells me this is not possible or that the enumeration of Msg is for use for "another purpose".

I would argue that I have bought an application that is incomplete and that I should be entitled to receive the finished application without having to pay for an extended license.

I would appreciate your response.

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

MessageFormat enumeration is used in MailMessage.Save() as well as in “MailMessage.Load()” method. We supported msg file loading in version 4.0 and therefore added a new member (Msg) in MessageFormat enumeration. You can use the following code to load an msg file using version 4.0

MailMessage msg1 = MailMessage.Load(“test.msg”, MessageFormat.Msg);

At that time, Msg saving feature was under development, so if you use MessageFormat.Msg in Save() method, you will get an exception. Since, the same enumeration is used in Save() and Load(), methods, we could do nothing to hide it in Save() method.

Msg saving and loading features were announced in Release 4.2. You may check the release notes from http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/file-format-components/aspose.network-for-.net/entry150418.aspx. We never announced that we support msg saving or loading features before release 4.2.

We never hold the release to increase the revenues. We seriously never thought that your license will expire few weeks before we release the msg saving feature. Again sorry for the inconvenience, but you need to renew the license for using 4.2 and later versions. I am sorry that I was unclear in my previous post. I write “some other purpose”. MessageFormat.Msg was there because it was used in MailMessage.Load() method.