Unable to save PPT file as PDF

I am trying to save Power Point Presentation as PDF file. Unfortunately I am getting an error during this operation. Please see attached code and PPT file.

public static void main(String[] args)

{

try {

//Instantiate a Presentation object that represents a PPT file

Presentation pptPresentation = new Presentation("c:/temp/demo.ppt");

//Instantiate the PdfOptions class

com.aspose.slides.export.PdfOptions pdfOptions=new com.aspose.slides.export.PdfOptions();

//Set Jpeg Qualit

pdfOptions.setJpegQuality(90);

//Define behavior for metafiles

pdfOptions.setSaveMetafilesAsPng(true);

//Set Text Compression level

pdfOptions.setTextCompression(com.aspose.slides.export.PdfTextCompression.FLATE);

//Define the PDF standard

pdfOptions.setCompliance(com.aspose.slides.export.PdfCompliance.PDF_15);

//Save the prsentation to PDF with specified options

pptPresentation.save("c:/temp/demo.pdf", com.aspose.slides.export.SaveFormat.PDF,pdfOptions);

} catch (PptException e) {

// TODO Auto-generated catch block

e.printStackTrace();

} catch (FileNotFoundException e) {

//TODO Auto-generated catch block

e.printStackTrace();

}

}

Hi,

You posted on Aspose.Cells Forum. But since your problem is related to Aspose.Slides. Therefore, I have moved your post to correct forum i.e Aspose.Slides Forum.

Hello Dear,

I have worked with the code snippet shared by you and have been able to generate the PDF using Aspose.Slides for Java 2.4.1. Please download the mentioned product version from here.

Thanks and Regards,

Did you use the attached PPT file for generation?

Hello Dear,

Yes, I have used the same presentation shared by you. For your kind reference, the generated PDF is also attached.

Thanks and Regards,

It does work in stand along application. However when I am trying to save file in the real application I am getting the following exception:

ava.lang.AssertionError
at com.aspose.slides.obfuscated.ahe.do(SourceFile:84)
at com.aspose.slides.obfuscated.nf.do(SourceFile:76)
at com.aspose.slides.obfuscated.ue.(SourceFile:26)
at com.aspose.slides.obfuscated.aid.do(SourceFile:160)
at com.aspose.slides.obfuscated.aid.(SourceFile:39)
at com.aspose.slides.obfuscated.ahl.(SourceFile:38)
at com.aspose.slides.obfuscated.lg.do(SourceFile:46)
at com.aspose.slides.Presentation.save(SourceFile:3401)
at com.aspose.slides.Presentation.save(SourceFile:3349)
at com.citi.aw.reporting.PPTCreator.savePDF(PPTCreator.java:148)

Could you please help me understand what is the reason for this exception.

Hello Dear,

I have observed the stack trace shared by you. You have shared that it did work for you but not in real environment. Can you please share the environment details for investigation.

Thanks and Regards,

We are using aspose in the application that runs under WebLogic application server. I was able to load/modify/save PPT files, however I have a problem to save Presentation in the PDF format (see stack trace in my previous post). I would appreciate if you point me out what is the reason for this exception

Hello Dear,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. I have a small query before I may add this issue in our issue tracking system for further investigation. Can you please confirm that whether you are still able to access, load and save the presentation in your mentioned environment and you are only having issue while generating the PDF. I will be thankful to you for your this response.

Thanks and Regards,

That's right. I am able to load/modify/save presentation in the PPT format, however when I am trying to save it as PDF, I am getting an exception.

Hello Dear,

I like to share that on the basis of discussion shared with you I have observed that exporting to PDF in Weblogic server environment might be an issue and needs further attention by our development team. An issue with ID 24843 has been created in our issue tracking system for further investigation and issue resolution. This thread has also been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified, once the issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-24843) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.