Unable to use Aspose Tasks

Hi,

I am facing some strange issues while trying to use Aspose Tasks.

If I compile my program with Java 1.6, it gives me this error - ‘Error: Bad service configuration file, or exception thrown while constructing Processor object: javax.annotation.processing.Processor: Provider org.eclipse.sisu.space.SisuIndexAPT6 not found’, and compilation fails.

If I compile using Java 1.7, issue is even strange, it shows as compilation successful, but doesn’t generate the class file.

My program doesn’t have any code, it is just a one line ‘hello world’ program, I am just compiling it after adding Aspose Tasks jar into my project, that’s it, and seeing these kind of issues in doing so. If I take out Aspose Tasks jar, there is no issue.

Is this kind of behavior ever seen in past ? Does Aspose Tasks jar have any other dependency ?

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Thank you for writing to Aspose support team.

I have tested this issue at my end using the latest version of Aspose.Tasks for Java 6.7.0 but was unable to face any such problem at my end. There is no other dependency shared in documentation with respect to Aspose.Tasks for Java nor we have been reported this behavior in past. Could you please give it a try using this latest version and let us know your feedback? If the problem still persists, please share the exact version of Java and its download link that you are using at your end. We’ll look into it for further investigation.

Hi Kashif,

I am trying latest Aspose Tasks version only (6.7).

Java I had tried jdk1.6.0_32, jdk1.6.0_34, and jdk1.7.0_45 and was seeing two different types of behaviors - one in 1.6 JDKs and the other in 1.7 respectively as explained in my initial post.

It should be easily downloadable from java’s site. I don’t have the direct link right now.

Let me know if you would like to remotely check my environment, that should be possible if required.

Thanks,
Rajiv

We figured out what the issue was.

The file javax.annotation.processing.Processor at META-INF\services\ in the jar seems to cause this issue, not sure if it is corrupted.

If I just delete that file from jar, compilation goes through fine without any issue.

In your case, may be you’re using any IDE like Eclipse or IntelliJ, that’s why you don’t see the issue. I too observed the same, when I used IntelliJ, it somehow intelligently sorted out the problem and compiled it successfully with generating the class file, but the moment I went back to my original method of compiling directly on command-prompt, it started giving that compilation error with JDK 1.6.

You too can try compiling on prompt, am sure you’ll see the issue, all my team-mates were facing the same issue until they manually deleted problematic file from the jar :

javac.exe -classpath aspose-tasks-6.7.0-jdk16.jar SampleProgram.java

Pls let me know if you’re able to reproduce the issue this way. If you do, we need to check what’s wrong with that class inside the jar.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Please spare us little time as we are working on this issue and will write back here soon to share our findings.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Sure … pls share as and when you have any update, I will be waiting for your response.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

I have investigated this issue at my end using the latest version of Aspose.Tasks for Java 6.7.0 and was able to observe the issue you have shared earlier. I have forwarded all the details related to this issue to our development team for further investigation under issue id: TASKS-33651 and will update you here once there is some information available in this regard.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Thanks Kashif !

I was wondering if there was any movement on this … we might have to check-in Aspose Tasks jar in some time, but we cannot do it with this issue.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Thank you for contacting us again.

I am glad to share that this issue is resolved and will be available in the upcoming release. Please be patient until this release passes QC tests and available online for download.

Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query in this regard.

Thanks <span style=“font-size:12.0pt;font-family:“Times New Roman”,“serif”;
mso-fareast-font-family:“Times New Roman”;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:
EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>kashif …

<span style=“font-size:12.0pt;font-family:“Times New Roman”,“serif”;
mso-fareast-font-family:“Times New Roman”;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:
EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>
So what was the issue ? Were some classes inside the jar corrupted or something ?

Regards,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

The details are internal to the development team and I am afraid but details of this issue are not available to us. Please feel free to share if you have any other query/inquiry in this regard.

Ohk no problem.

Thanks,
Rajiv

The issues you have found earlier (filed as TASKS-33651) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.