Unclear pdf to doc conversion

OOC60forcousincharlie2022_39bb6753beb54785b20c4f7681866133.pdf (406.1 KB)
OOC60forcousincharlie2022_39bb6753beb54785b20c4f7681866133.docx (934.8 KB)

Hello,

While converting attached pdf file into docx, doc file is distorted and unclear. Please check.

@sumitworksimpli I cannot reproduce the problem using the latest 22.3 version of Aspose.Words. I have used the following simple code for testing:

Document doc = new Document(@"C:\Temp\in.pdf");
doc.Save(@"C:\Temp\out.docx");

Here is output produced on my side: out.docx (1.3 MB)

Thanks for the reply.
I am able to reproduce it with the below url of aspose. Is it upto date with the latest version?

@sumitworksimpli This app uses Aspose.PDF for conversion. Please try using Aspose.Words for conversion from PDF to DOCX:

Thanks Alexey,

So, it’s recommended to use Aspose.Word instead of Aspose.Pdf for pdf to doc conversion?

@sumitworksimpli This depend on your needs. Asppose.PDF and Aspose.Words uses different approaches for conversion. Aspose.Words goal is producing flow MS Word document, which is editable in MS Word. Aspose.PDF uses absolutely positioned frames in the produced MS Word document, that makes it hard to edit such documents.
In your case, however, PDF document contains images and cannot be edited in MS Word after conversion.

Hi Again,

In the converted file out.docx (1.3 MB)
, only first page is good and rest pages are distorted using Aspose.Word. Can you please let me know if there is any specific option to set to avoid this distortion?

@sumitworksimpli Thank you for reporting the problem to us. I have managed to reproduce it on my side. It has been logged as WORDSNET-23563. We will keep you informed and let you know once it is resolved.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-23563) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 22.5 update also available on NuGet.