Unexpected result with your ocr examples

Hi,
I am in the process of evaluating Aspose.OCR for Java. I am using the latest version 17.6.
I am using your examples for testing. The result of the ocr process is really unexpected. Just a few words are recognized, although i am using your example pictures and code!
For reproducing the problem i added your code example “com.aspose.ocr.examples.OcrFeatures.PerformOCROnImage”, your example picture “Sample1.jpg” and my text result “ocr result.txt”.
Note: We got a licence for Aspose.Total - i added a line for setting the licence in the java file. That’s the only difference between your code and mine.
Thanks a lot.

Best regards,180328 OCR examples.zip (583.2 KB)

Matthias Schlosser

@curmas,

The sample input file that you have used is for demonstration of “Recognition Block” example. Please use the attached sample input files for evaluation.

samples.zip (188.5 KB)

Hello ikram,

ok, it works fine with sample1.bmp and sample2.bmp. Result of sample3.png is not usable (see attached "result of sample3.zip (564 Bytes)
").
Is there any way to recognize text of sample3.png and especially text of sample1.jpg?
Thanks a lot.

Best regards
Matthias

@curmas,

The text returned by OCR operation perform on sample3.png image has many discrepancies in it. The issue has been logged into our system with ID OCRJAVA-771 for further investigation. We will update you here once there is some information or a fix version available in this regard.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.