Unexpected row after smart makers in nested list

Hello,

I noticed one problem after upgrade Aspose Cells to 17.5 version.

I show my case on example from yours page.
Smartly importing and placing data with Smart markers|Documentation → Using Generic List as Nested Object

There is example with nested list. I have problem with new row after all filled rows. I have new, unexpected row. To visualize this, please add this code after 21 line of code of this sample.

worksheet.Cells[“C3”].PutValue(“-- unnecessary break before --”);

In version 17.4 there is no error - no additional row.

Hi,

You may easily remove your undesired row above your last row, you may add a line to the code segment:
e.g
Sample code:

worksheet.Cells.DeleteBlankRows();
// Save the Excel file.
designer.Workbook.Save(dataDir + “output.xlsx”);

Hope, this helps a bit.

Thank you.
Yes, of course. But I have few complicated Worksheet, where I would like to keep some blank rows. Delete all blank rows, in my opinion, is not under 100% control.
The point is that it was working in previous version. And now - many sheet-prints have wrong look.

Hi,

Well, it looks like Smart Markers behavior (in grouping data for nested lists) is changed a bit in newer versions. I think may try the following lines of code instead as a workaround to cope with it:
e.g.
Sample code:

…
//Find out the row index with respect to the specified string (in the cell) where blank row is inserted
above.

string val1 = "-- unnecessary break before --";
Cell fCell = worksheet.Cells.Find(val1, null, new FindOptions() { LookAtType = LookAtType.Contains });
int frow = fCell.Row - 1;
//Remove the row.
worksheet.Cells.DeleteRow(frow);
…

Hope, this helps a bit.

Thank you.

But still it require to add aditional code. If I have 3 nested list I will have to add 3 times code wich will remove unexcepted line.
I would like to know if this wrong behavior will be fixed? I can't find information about this change in changelog.
It's is very important for our company.

Hi,

We are sorry that the workaround does not fit your needs. Anyways, I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-45384” for your issue. Our concerned developer from product team will check and investigate if the current behavior is expected/correct for Smart Markers or the behavior in older version (v17.4) was ok. If the older behavior was correct, we will incorporate the fix in the latest APIs set.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-45384”). Hopefully, we will be sharing the fix shortly after we have completed performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Thank you.
Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the following latest fix

Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.5.5 (.NET 4.0) compiled in .NET Framework 4.0.

and let us know your feedback.

Hello,

I just checked new version and everything works perfect. Thanks :slight_smile:

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the new fix/version. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45384) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET 17.6.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.