We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Unicode Font Name Not Properly Embedded in Converted PDF

Hello,

We are experiencing an issue converting a Word document when we use a font where the internal name of the font (such as would appear on the font picker dropdown in Word, not the actual file name) is in unicode characters. When this happens the name of the font is not correctly encoded in the resulting PDF file. When we try to open the file it will display correctly in Google Chrome, but not in other readers (such as Adobe and PDF Exchange).

I have attached a sample document, the font we are using, and screenshots with highlighting displaying how Aspose writes the font name (incorrect) and how Word’s export to PDF functionality writes the font name (correct).

We have also tested with the latest version of Aspose.Words (18.12) and the issue is still a problem.

Thank you for any assistance you can render.

HMKMM.zip (1.0 MB)

@tbihlajama

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as

WORDSNET-17900 : Font Name Not Properly Embedded in Converted PDF

You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-17900) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 19.1 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 19.1 update.