Unicode issue in Word to PDF conversion

Hello,
We are having issues converting a Word document with Unicode characters into a PDF document. On my development machine (Windows 7 x 64) the conversion works flawlessly but on a test Windows Server 2003 R2 the Unicode characters are lost.
This is the code we use for the conversion:

Aspose.Words.Document doc = new Aspose.Words.Document(objDocumentPaths.Input);
// Set PDF options
Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfSaveOptions objOptions = new Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfSaveOptions();
objOptions.JpegQuality = 80;
objOptions.UseHighQualityRendering = false;
// Save to PDF
Aspose.Words.Saving.SaveOutputParameters enParams = doc.Save(m_TempPath, objOptions);

I am attaching the Word and PDF documents.We are using Aspose.Words.NET 11.7

Many thanks,
John

Hi John,

Thanks for your query. I have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. I have logged this issue as WORDSNET-6990 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Tahir,

Thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately not being able to convert a Unicode Word document to PDF under Windows 2003 Server is a showstopper for us (and presumably for other customers as well).

Can you give me a timeframe for resolution (even under if it is for a custom build) or a workaround (perhaps Windows Server 2008…)?

Many thanks,

John

Hi John,

Thanks for your query. Currently, this issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. At the moment I can’t provide you the ETA for this issue. However, we will inform you via this forum thread as soon as it’s resolved.

We apologize for your inconvience.

Hi John,

Aspose.Words requires TrueType fonts when rendering documents to fixed-page formats (e.g. PDF, XPS or SWF). The issue you are facing is most likely occurs when you use Aspose.Words on Linux/Mac OS or your MS Word document uses fonts that are not present on your computer.

Your document uses MS Mincho font and Windows Server 2003 has not MS Mincho installed by default but Windows 7 has. This font can be taken from Windows 7 and then installed manually at Windows Server 2003 or it can be installed by adding support for East Asian languages in Control Panel->Regional and Language Options->Languages->Install files for East Asian Languages.

Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Languages -> Install files
for East Asian Languages.

This will solve the font issue. Please let us know if you have any more queries.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-6990) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

I created my PDF from word document, but I found the links were removed after using “Save as to” in MS word. I have a lot of Word need to be converted into PDF file, I find a site that it offer free word to PDF converter method - , anybody used these free online conversion? It always crashed when I upload my word onto it, please help, or any other suggestion? thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that Aspose.Words tries to mimic the same behavior as MS Word do. By using Aspose.Words, you can convert MS Word document to PDF. Please read following documentation link.
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/convert-a-document-to-pdf/

If you still face problem, please attach your input Word document here for testing. I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

I have a problem with PDF conversion too.
I have a DOCX that is using Calibri fonts and it contains arabic in it.
When it is converted to PDF the arabic doesn’t appear right.
I look the Calibri font in charmap.exe, and it doesn’t seem to have arabic letters in it.
However Word dispays it right and PDF not.
Do you have any idea what I should do or what fonts I must install?
If I install this:
http://downloads.yahoo.com/software/windows-knick-knacks-arabic-font-pack-s411447
…will it solve any problems?

Thanks,
Kostas

OK. It seems that the problem is missing fonts on the server.
It works fine on Windows7.
I will try adding Calibri and Arial Unicode MS to the server…

Thanks.

Hi Kostas,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Please note that Aspose.Words requires TrueType fonts when rendering documents to fixed-page formats (PDF, XPS or SWF). Make sure you have all the Fonts installed on your system where you’re using to convert Word document to PDF format. I would suggest you please read the following article:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/using-truetype-fonts/

Please let us know if your face any issue while using Aspose.Words.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan