Unprotect & Convert Word Document with Watermark Image to DOCX File using C# .NET

Hi Aspose support,
Recently we faced with the issue when a Watermark image/shape is missed from Word document when re-save document.
Actually, after further research we were able to find it in document through the Select Panel in Word - the image has very small size, that’s why we don’t see it. Take a look on settings: MissedWaterMarkSize.png (92.6 KB)

Main precondition here is that the issue happens for scaled in 500% watermark, for 200% all works ok and looks like for other as well (needs to be double checked).

Reproduced with Aspose.Words.dll v19.8.
Source document: Watermark Picture 500%.zip (47.1 KB)
Problematic document: Watermark Picture 500%_Resaved.zip (43.7 KB)
Expected result: Watermark should stay with the same settings in resulted document.

Source code:

public static void SaveDocument(string inputFile, string outputFile, string openPassword)
{
    Document doc = new Document(inputFile, new Aspose.Words.LoadOptions() { Password = !string.IsNullOrEmpty(openPassword) ? openPassword : null });
    doc.Unprotect();

doc.Save(outputFile, SaveFormat.Docx);

return;         
}

The issue is very critical for us, as for end-user it looks like content is missed.
Please help.
Thanks.

@licenses,

We tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-19128. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Aspose support,
Can I have an update for this issues? Can you provide estimation for this case when it can be resolved? As the problem related to our customer’s bug report.

@licenses,

I am afraid, we are currently doing analysis of this issue and there are no estimates available at the moment. Once the analysis of this issue is completed and the root cause is determined, we may then be able to calculate and share the ETA of this issue with you. We apologize for any inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-19128) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 20.6 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 20.6 update.

Hi Aspose Support,
I see that on the latest Aspose.Words 21.11.0.0 the problem is fixed for DOCX in transitional format, which is good.
But when saving a document in a strict format (Aspose.Words.Saving.OoxmlCompliance.Iso29500_2008_Strict), I still see the same problem (Watermark is missed/size is too small).
In our functionality we use saving DOCX into the strict format, please correct it.
Thanks in advance.

@licenses I have managed to reproduce the problem and logged it as WORDSNET-23195. We will keep you informed and let you know once it is resolved.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-23195) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 23.3 update also available on NuGet.