Unsupported document features

Hi guys,

I really need a solution that can open and save any type of word document as I need to work with documents created by various third parties. I will be unable to dictate what features of MS Word are used within the documents.

This thread lists some unsupported features (though nested fields have now been added for 1.5).

Any idea of when we can expect to see more of these features incorporated into Aspose.Word? The ability to manipulate documents containing nested tables, annotations and captions would go a long way as they are fairly common to find in word docs.

David Jayne

Bookmarks are also supported since 1.4.x something.

It is a fair comment that all document features must be supported to work with third party documents. We will try to support all remaining document features in June.

I don’t want to be a pest, but was just wondering how these features were coming.

No problems, you are always welcome.

There is not much news yet. Since we last spoke we introduced support for reading nested tables, but I don’t advertise it yet because we have not succeeded in writing them out (some undocumented Word features).

Other features are less complex so I don’t have doubts we will have them ready soon.

Hi David,

Document footnotes and endnotes are now supported in Aspose.Word 1.6.

There are still more features to come.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 39) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(90)