Unusual effects when converting Docx to pdf

We've been using Aspose Total for .Net for a while now and had no (real) problems with it.
Yesterday however, we saw something very strange. We converted a .docx file to a pdf.

On page 5 of the Docx, there is a paragraph. This paragraph has a title in italic. The rest of the paragraph is plain text. After conversion, most of the paragraph suddenly appeared in italic and the paragraph itself was displayed very crooked.

I've added both the original file and the pdf.

This behaviour is something I've never seen before and I would really like to know what may have caused it.

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested the scenario and have not found any issue with output PDF file while using latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET. Please use the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET. I have attache the output PDF file with this post for your kind reference.

Please let us know if you have any more queries.

It's been a while since this same problem has occured, but we've got it again. We've kept up to date with the versions of Aspose.Words for .NET, but the problem's still here.

I've added the files where we've noticed this. I'm wondering - Is there perhaps something in the original word-document that causes the PDF-conversion to suddenly interpret a block of text as being Italic?
This is rather urgent as these are official documents that have to be presented to government agencies for approval.

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have converted the shared Docx file to PDF by using latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET and have not found the shared issue. I have attached the output PDF file with this post for your kind reference. I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version (v13.2.0) from here and let us know how it goes on your side. If the problem still remains, please share the following details for investigation purposes.

What environment are you running on?

• OS (Windows Version or Linux Version)
  • Architecture (32 / 64 bit)
  • .NET Framework version
  • Please supply us with the code from your application that is causing the issue

As soon as you get these pieces of information to us we’ll start our investigation into your issue.

I've not you tried to update my version of aspose, but I can answer your questions atleast.

• OS (Windows Version or Linux Version)
    Windows Server 2003 R2
  • Architecture (32 / 64 bit)
    32 bit
  • .NET Framework version
    Framework 3.5 (We're working on upgrading to 4.0)
  • Please supply us with the code from your application that is causing the issue

Document wordDocument = new Document(instream);
    wordDocument.Save(outputStream, Aspose.Words.
    SaveFormat.Pdf);

The stream this creates is then saved on a webserver. We have to use streams as aspose does no accept
    //Servername/Website/library/filename.pdf as a valid path. Perhaps this has been added in your current version?

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for sharing the details. I have tested the scenario at Window Server 2003 (Enterprise Edition), .NET Framework 3.5 with same code and have not found the shared issue. Perhaps, you have not shared the correct document. Could you please make sure that you have shared the correct document? Please download the shared document at this forum thread and convert it into PDF and share your findings with us.

I’m certain I’ve shared the correct document. The problem here is that there is no singular identifiable cause as to why sometimes that error occurs. This makes it extremely difficult to reproduce. The PDF I’ve supplied is one of those rare instances that the error occured.
I was hoping you’d be able to analyze it and perhaps see something that should not be there.

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for your inquiry. It is hard to investigate the issue without reproducing this issue. In your case, I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version (v13.2.0) from here and let us know how it goes on your side. If the problem still remains, please share the complete scenario so that we can reproduce this issue at our end. We are really keen to help you but need the specific detail from your end.