Update Fields in DOCX File having Tables Rows in a Floating Frame (C# .NET) | Avoid Infinite Loop

Hello,

we have a document that causes Document.UpdateFields() to hang. The method does not return.

var document = new Document("Test.docx");
document.UpdateFields();

The document is 11 pages long. I can not attach the document because it is confidential.
I tested various Aspose.Words versions: The bug seems to be introduced in version 20.11.0 and is also present in version 21.5.0. The hang does not occur in version 20.10.0.

Matthias

@Matthias,

Unfortunately, it is difficult to say what the problem is without the document. We need your specific file to be able to reproduce the exact problem on our end. Please note that it is safe to attach files in the forum. If you attach your file here, then only you and Aspose staff members can download them. You can also remove any sensitive information by replacing it with dummy data instead. We will be able to start investigation into your scenario as soon as you provide required document to reproduce.

@awais.hafeez

I created a two page document with a single field that shows the bug:

Test.docx (25.8 KB)

@Matthias,

While using the latest 21.5 version of Aspose.Words, we managed to reproduce this issue on our end. We have logged this issue in our bug tracking system with ID WORDSNET-22244. Your forum thread has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified here as soon as it will get resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

The bug was fixed in Aspose Words 21.6.

@Matthias,

Yes, I can also confirm that the fix of WORDSNET-22244 is included in 21.6 version of Aspose.Words for .NET API.

In case you may need any help in future, then please let us know by posting a new thread in Aspose.Words’ forum.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-22244) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 21.6 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 21.6 update.