Update on .Net 6 compatibility with Slides and PDF

Looking to get an update on predicted timeline for .Net 6 compatibility in the Slides and PDF product family. More importantly, I’m curious about the timeline on the removal of references to System.Drawing.Common that forces the libgdiplus dependency for non-windows systems (in lieu of the severe memory leak issues libgdiplus suffers from).

Last I heard, the earliest this was estimated to be was Q1 2022, out to possibly end of Q2. Is this still on track or is their a specific version this is slated for?

@seabod,
Thank you for contacting support.

As for Aspose.Slides, .NET 6 support has been planned for version 22.6. This release will be published in the second half of June. I’ve linked this forum thread to an appropriate task with ID SLIDESNET-42778 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified when the issue is resolved.

As for Aspose.PDF, my colleagues will reply to you soon.

1 Like

Fantastic @Andrey_Potapov , I appreciate the update!

@seabod

.NET 6.0 support has already been implemented in Aspose.PDF for .NET 21.11. You can use latest version of the API with .NET 6.0. Furthermore, we are also working on the removal of System.Drawing.Common dependency in the API and replace it with one of our components. At the moment, System.Drawing.Common should still work under Windows.

However, for non-Windows environments, there could be some compatibility issues. The task related to this scenario has been logged as PDFNET-50918 in our issue tracking system. The ticket is also linked with this thread so that you will receive a notification as soon as it is resolved.

1 Like

Understood @asad.ali, thank you for the quick response!

@Andrey_Potapov Will the 22.6 release of Aspose.Slides include the removal/replacement of System.Drawing.Common as well, or will this be in a later release?

@seabod,
I’ve requested this information from our development team for you. We will answer you soon.

@seabod,
System.Drawing.Common will be replaced in a release that supports .NET 6. The plan has changed, this update is planned for Aspose.Slides 22.7.

Understood @Andrey_Potapov, I appreciate the update on this!

@seabod,
Thank you for using Aspose products.

The issues you found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-42778) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 23.2 (ZIP, MSI).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.