Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Update table of content

Hi,

I'm currently doing a test with the free trial version before bying Aspose.Word.Net for my project. This is a really good product.

Aspose.Word.Net does everything I need : generate a PDF by inserting HTML in a Word document model. It does everything except to generate the table of content. After reading on the forum, I found, at my biggest disappointment, that we need to go in Word and do a full update of the document (F9) to refresh the TOC.

But my problem was I need to make a ASPX who will generate a PDF with a table of content... I already have Word on the server who does this process and my project is precisely to eliminate the VBA in Word on the server who does this job (but I can leave Word on the server to get Word objects in .NET).

I just want to be sure I understand correctly, but it will be impossible for me to do my project at this moment with Aspose.Word.NET ??

Unless I generate the table of contents myself with the programming? But this is not the same project.

Thanks..

Hi

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, you are right, there is no way to update TOC using Aspose.Words at the moment. I linked your request to the appropriate issues. You will be notified as soon as this feature is available.

We are going to support TOC fields evaluation in few months.

Best regards.

If you implement this feature our company will renew our Aspose Words license.

Hi <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas:contacts" />Fredrik,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you. I will notify you once this feature is available.

Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 10380) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(4)