UpdateFields - conditional if

I’m using Document.UpdateFields, however it doesn’t seem to be updating a conditional if field in the document(see below). Is there any way to do this?

In original document:

{ IF { DOCPROPERTY "~V_02" \* upper } = "MISC" "MISC" "O.V."\* MERGEFORMAT }

When I open the document it just appears blank. In MS Word, if I do UpdateField it updates it to say “O.V.”, however in Aspose I ran document.updatefields & it was still blank.

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for your inquiry. Which version of Aspose.Words do you use? Also, please attach sample document here for testing. I will check the issue and provide you more information.
Best regards,

We’re using V8.1.
Attached is the original document.

Hi Melissa,
Thanks for attaching your template here.
I was unable to reproduce the issue using the latest version of Aspose.Words. You can download it from here.
Thanks,

I’m trying to install but the new version isn’t working properly with my program.
I was using a ReplaceAction with ReplaceEvaluatorArgs as eventargs, but this is giving me an error now.
What can I do about that?
(I find it very hard to understand why the new version aren’t fully compatible with the previous. I’ve had this before as well with other sections of code when installing a previous updated version.)

Hi Melissa,

There were a few breaking changes to the API in version 9.2-9.4 You can find full details of these changes in the migration article:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/aspose-words-for-net/
Best regards,