UpdateFields doesn't handle ADVANCE command

When an ADVANCE command appears in a document, running UpdateFields appears to remove or at least disables the functionality. This can be seen in the attached document (sample.doc), in the table of contents for each entry, an ADVANCE command is used between the article number and the article title. For example, “1.1{ADVANCE \x 40}NAME OF TRUST . . .”. When UpdateFields is run to update the bookmarks so the pages are resolved, the ADVANCE command appears to be gone or disabled because the TOC entry then reads “1.1NAME OF TRUST . . .”. I’ve also attached sample.out.doc to show this. I’ve tried various workarounds for this issue but have been unsuccessful. Any ideas for a resolution or workaround would be greatly appreciated.

The code to re-create this is as follows:
doc = new Document(“sample.doc”);
doc.UpdateFields();
doc.Save(“sample.out.doc”, SaveFormat.Doc);

I am using Aspose version 19.7.
ReferenceDoclet_withSingleCell.zip (22 Bytes)Debug.zip (215.4 KB)

@vijay.guru.fis

Unfortunately, we do not see any content in your shared document. Please ZIP and attach your input, problematic output, and expected output documents for testing. We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on your query.

Sorry, hopefully this time the files are attached. Thanks!

Sample.zip (51.4 KB)

@vijay.guru.fis

We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-18988. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-18988) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 19.9 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 19.9 update.