Updatetablelayout questions

What does updatetablelayout really do? Is there a way to call it for a single table and not the entire document? I would look myself, but you run all your code through obfuscation.

I am looking to not call that method at the document level, but instead for a particular table.

Thank you,
Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for your inquiry. Document.UpdateTableLayout method updates widths of cells and tables in the document according to their preferred widths and content.

You do not normally need to call this method as cell and table widths are maintained automatically. You can call this method before exporting to PDF (or any other fixed-page format), only in rare cases where you confirmed that tables appear incorrectly laid out in the output document. Calling this method might help to correct the output.

rohrerb:

I am looking to not call that method at the document level, but instead for a particular table.

Aspose.Words does not provide the requested feature. However, I have logged this feature request as WORDSNET-11018 in our issue tracking system. Our development team will look into the
possibility of implementation of this requested feature. Once we have
any information about this feature, we will update you via this thread.

Please let us know if you have any more queries.