Updating LastSavedBy header property and saving to dxf or stp

I want to update the LastSavedBy header property of a small sample DXF file and used the following Java code and version 23.10 of the Aspose CAD Java library:

CadImage cadImage = (CadImage)Image.load(inputDir + testFileInputDxf);
SummaryInfoData summary = cadImage.getHeader().getSummaryInfo();
System.out.println(summary.getLastSavedBy()); // THIS RETURNS 'Admin' as expected
cadImage.getHeader().getSummaryInfo().setLastSavedBy("User");
System.out.println(summary.getLastSavedBy());  // THIS RETURNS 'user' as expected
cadImage.save(outputDir + testFileOutputDxf, dxfOptions);          // THIS RETURNS NO ERRORS

However, opening the saved DXF file I do not see the change, e.g. the LastSavedBy property is still set to Admin. I get the same result for STP files.

Am I using the wrong approach? Please provide feedback on the best way to accomplish header updates.

@approveapples,
Hi.
Please attach the initial DXF file, so we can inspect directly it. Could you please also clarify how do you check the updated LastSavedBy value? Do you use AutoCAD or other software and open DXF in it or just read the file again with Aspose.CAD and verify summary info with the code?

Keeping it simple…I was testing with the sample DXF files you provide here: Aspose.CAD-for-Java/Examples/src/main/resources/DXFDrawings at master · aspose-cad/Aspose.CAD-for-Java · GitHub

UPDATE: It is working correctly for DXF files by using a newer API.

For STP files I get no errors when saving and the header is still not updated. Possibly this API is no longer valid?

Sample test file is attached.
sample.stp.zip (25.9 KB)

@approveapples,
thank you for the details, we have created CADJAVA-11525 to investigate issue with updating Author for STP files.