Updating to 14.2 from 5.6

Hi

Experiencing a problem when trying to update Aspose Slides. Getting the compile error (asp.net) wherever I have the code:
Me.Response.ContentType = “application/vnd.ms-powerpoint”
Me.Response.AppendHeader(“Content-Disposition”, “attachment; filename=” & checkFileNameForIllegalCharacters(Session(“Questionnaire”)) & “.ppt”)
Me.Response.Flush()
Dim st As System.IO.Stream = Me.Response.OutputStream
pres.Write(st)
Me.Response.End()

at pres.write(st). This has worked ok before and I do not know what to do about this. The error message is:

Error 28 ‘Aspose.Slides.Presentation.Friend Sub Write(stream As System.IO.Stream, type As “Ž”.e‡, options As Aspose.Slides.Export.IPptxOptions)’ is not accessible in this context because it is ‘Friend’. C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Online\QA5\QAReportPowerPoint.aspx.vb 489 17 http://localhost/Online/QA5/

r.ba

[quote user=“BoAnder”]Hi

Experiencing a problem when trying to update Aspose Slides. Getting the compile error (asp.net) wherever I have the code:
Me.Response.ContentType = “application/vnd.ms-powerpoint”
Me.Response.AppendHeader(“Content-Disposition”, “attachment; filename=” & checkFileNameForIllegalCharacters(Session(“Questionnaire”)) & “.ppt”)
Me.Response.Flush()
Dim st As System.IO.Stream = Me.Response.OutputStream
pres.Write(st)
Me.Response.End()

at pres.write(st). This has worked ok before and I do not know what to do about this. The error message is:

Error 28 ‘Aspose.Slides.Presentation.Friend Sub Write(stream As System.IO.Stream, type As “Ž”.e‡, options As Aspose.Slides.Export.IPptxOptions)’ is not accessible in this context because it is ‘Friend’. C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Online\QA5\QAReportPowerPoint.aspx.vb 489 17 http://localhost/Online/QA5/

r.ba

[/quote]
And the error message in asp.net is:
Aspose.slides.presentation.friend sub write(stream as system.io.stream, type as , options as aspose.slides.export.ipptxoptions)’ is not accessible in this context because it is ‘friend’

Which suggests that there is a difference in declaring / defining aspose?

Hi,

Please share your complete code with us to further test the issue at our end. It will help us understand your issue and assist you better.

Thanks & Regards,

Code
Basically “junk” and very simplified project but you can see the error here pres.Write(st)

Would need a solution for this asap, we are very late and started the update because of the border problem reported last week

Hi,

Please use Presentation.Save method instead of Presentation.Write. Presentation.Write method is no more available in Aspose.Slides for .NET v14.2.0.

In case you still face any issue, please do let us know.

Thanks & Regards,

Thanks but… please fix your help documentation…

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback.

We have updated our documentation with respect to the changes in the latest version of Aspose.Slides for .NET v14.2.0.

In case you still face any issue, please feel free to contact support.

Thanks & Regards,