Upgrade an older version to latest Aspose.BarCode ror .NET

We have old applications, that are using very old version of Aspose.Barcode.DLL:
3.9.1.0 and 2.6.0.0

We are looking for some instructions to bring them to the current version 5.6.2.0.
Are there any differences? Can we just reference to the new dll's or do we need to change the code?

Thany you.

Christian.

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your inquiry. First off, please note that each new release contains many improvements, bug fixes and new features. So, we suggest our customers to use the latest version of Aspose products. You can download it from here:

Based on your query, It is quite difficult to answer your question because these versions are too old. Anyways, I believe you may require some minor changes in the source code. For the sake of correction, you can follow up our online programmers guide here. It is not a big deal.

Please let me know in case of any confusion or questions.

I would be very helpfull for us, to read the old release-notes (changelog, bugfix, new features...). The oldest version i found is 5.4.0.

Is there a way, to download/read the release-notes for older versions (4.x, 5.x)?

Christian.

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your inquiry. I’m sorry to share with you that we do not share product versions or the release notes older than one year. It is our company policy. Please share some details regarding your exploration so far I can help you accordingly. I would suggest you to test the latest version before the renewal of your subscription. You can try using a temporary license for 30 days. Furthermore, newer versions always come up with more features and improvements.

Hi Imran.

Thanks for the answer. Let me try to explain our situation.

It's not a matter of licensing. We alwas had (and still have) an active subscription.
These 2 old applications using the old Aspose DLLs have not been touched for at least 2 years. But now, we have to change them to add some new functions and bring them to a newer dotnet-framework. At this point, we also want to update the old Aspose-DLLs...

I completely understand, that your company could not support those old versions. The only thing I suggest ist to add a version-history in the recent product so that it is possible, to reconstruct the changes.

Christian.

Hi Christian,

Thank you for these details. Unfortunately, we do not have a way to provide a consolidated list of all release notes. Furthermore, if any function is marked as obsolete or new feature, you will notice that in the editor when you use the new component in your application. Nevertheless, we’ll try to improve the process further. You can also share code snippets regarding Aspose.BarCode product for these older applications. We’ll take a closer look and guide you accordingly.

Hi Imran,

we have converted our code from net 2.0 to net 4.0 and are using now the new 4.0 dll's:

Aspose.BarCode / Aspose.BarCodeRecognition 5.6.2.0
Aspose.Pdf 8.3.0

Everything works fine, but now, only with a few files, we had some problems with barcode-recognition. The reader couldn't find the barcode (datamatrix).
I have allready tried RecognitionHints.ImageBinarization.Grayscale or MedianSmoothing. No success....

Here is my code:

Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfExtractor extractor = new Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfExtractor();
extractor.BindPdf(source);
extractor.StartPage = 1;
extractor.EndPage = 1;
//parse pdf
extractor.ExtractImage();
if (!extractor.HasNextImage()) return 0;
extractor.GetNextImage(ms);
ms.Position = 0;
reader = new BarCodeReader(new System.Drawing.Bitmap(ms), BarCodeReadType.DataMatrix);
reader.ImageBinarizationHints = RecognitionHints.ImageBinarization.Grayscale;
while (reader.Read())
{
BarCode.Add(reader.GetCodeText());
}

Christian

Hi Christian,

Thanks for sharing the sample PDF file. I tested your provided sample against the latest builds of Aspose.BarCode 5.6.2.0 and Aspose.Pdf 8.3.0. I regretfully inform you that I'm able to replicate the recognition problem. This problem has been logged in our bug tracking system under ticket Id BARCODENET-33627. We will soon investigate the cause of recognition failure. You will also be notified once the fix for your problem is available for public use.

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Hi Christian,

We have a good news for you that the issue id BARCODENET-33627 has now been resolved and its fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.BarCode for .NET (5.7.0). Which is expected after 3 or 4 weeks. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as BARCODENET-33627) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.