Upgrade from Aspose.Grid.Web to Aspose.Cells.GridWeb

Is it possible to have a more detailed guide about upgrading from Aspose.Grid.Web to Aspose.Cells.GridWeb? I used the one found here and apart from the basic namespace changes, it seems there are other things to be done as well? Like do I have to include the acw_client folder in project? (Seems like it wasn’t required in the Aspose.Grid.Web build of the project?) Before including the acw_client folder, it used to throw a “JavaScript runtime error: ‘acwmain’ is undefined”. Now after including it, I get " JavaScript runtime error: Object doesn’t support property or method ‘appendChild’".

So apart from replacing the dlls (and maybe adding the acw_client folder), are there any other basic setup changes that need to be made?

Hi,

Thanks for providing us some details.

Well, actually we have revamped Aspose.Cells.GridWeb APIs some months ago, we have re-modeled it and added new APIs to the control as well. So, some older APIs for certain features of Aspose.Cells.GridWeb may not be working or one need to use the latest APIs model instead. We are also working on updating Aspose.Cells.GridWeb documents/ articles (with their contents and example codes etc.) in accordance with APIs set, we are also working fixing issues in existing docs. The topic you referred was fine before the revamp process but as there are some new APIs introduced, so you might have to do some extra work on your existing code in your project(s).

…Like do I have to include the acw_client folder in project? (Seems like it wasn’t required in the Aspose.Grid.Web build of the project?) Before including the acw_client folder, it used to throw a “JavaScript runtime error: ‘acwmain’ is undefined”. Now after including it, I get " JavaScript runtime error: Object doesn’t support property or method ‘appendChild’".

Yes, you need to include acw_client folder (having resource files) to your project now and also need to add appSettings in the web.config file to work with the component precisely. For your mentioned issue “Object doesn’t support property or method ‘appendChild’”, kindly start a new thread with your sample project (runnable) using Aspose.Cells.GridWeb v8.6.0, we will check and help you soon.

Thank you.