Upgrade problem

I upgraded to the latest aspose.email for .Net 2.0 and when I open an email msg file that is fetched from our hosted Exchange online 365 server using your webservice client and saved locally as a msg file, it shows an error in Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 32 bit with the latest updates:

“The custom form cannot be opened. Outlook will use an Outlook form instead. The object could not be found.”

The message looks fine after clicking through the dialog, but its quite annoying and we can’t release that.

I reverted the aspose.email dll (changing no code) and the problem goes away on the newly generated emails.

If I manually save the same exact email from within Outlook to a file using Outlook, I can load that and it doesn’t have a problem. That isolates the case (in my mind) to the aspose email dll that fetches and saves to .msg which is causing the problem in the latest build.

I don’t have time at the moment yet to create a working standalone example, here is the code that fetches from the exchange server. Both techniques to get a .msg have this problem when opening in Outlook client. The message class seems correct, it always says IPM.Note which I believe is correct.

Here is an .msg file that shows the error, I tested on 2 different machines to see if it was an install problem, but the problem was on both machines. http://www.filoshare.com/support/Email_FEI.zip

Aspose.Email.Exchange.ExchangeWebServiceClient client = CreateClient(aExchangeServerConnection);

Aspose.Email.Mail.MailMessage mailMessage = client.FetchMessage(aMessageUniqueUri);

string msgFilename = CreateMessageFilename(“message.msg”);

mailMessage.Save(msgFilename, Aspose.Email.Mail.MailMessageSaveType.OutlookMessageFormat);

string mapiFilename = CreateMessageFilename(“mapimessage.msg”);

Aspose.Email.Outlook.MapiMessage mapiMessage = Aspose.Email.Outlook.MapiMessage.FromMailMessage(mailMessage);

System.Console.WriteLine(mapiMessage.MessageClass);

mapiMessage.Save(mapiFilename);

Thank you for your attention on this matter.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Could you please tell us the version of Aspose.Email that works fine in this case? You can find about the version of Aspose.Email Dll you are using as in the attached screenshot. The latest version of Aspose.Email for .NET is 3.0.0 as you can see on the product release page.

The version that works is 2.4.0.0 dated 11/26/2012

The version that I upgraded to is 3.0.0.0 dated 5/27/2013

I’m using the .net 2.0 build. We’ve been using Aspose since 2007 and look forward to your continued excellent service as always.

Hi Jim,

Thank you for additional information.

I was able to observe this issue as you mentioned and have logged it for further investigation in our issue tracking system with issue id: NETWORKNET-33889. Development team will look into it and once the fix version is available for this issue, you will get automatic notification on this thread.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as NETWORKNET-33889) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.