Upgrade to PDF.dll 6.0 causes error setting license

We recently upgraded Aspose.Pdf.dll to the latest 6.0.0.0.

We did not upgrade any other products as they have been working fine for our application. On the upgrade, we are not able to set the license file for the PDF.

License pdfLicense = new License();
pdfLicense.SetLicense(“Aspose.Total.lic”);

Code above causes the error:
Cannot find license ‘Aspose.Total.lic’.

even though the Aspose.Total.lic file is in the same directory as the Aspose.Pdf.dll.

We have a total license and were under the impression does not need to change with upgrades.

Do we need a different license file?

Thanks

Some more info on the above post:

If I reference the license file directly or use the name space before the license file, I get the following error:

Cannot find black listed licenses resource. Please report this error to Aspose.

Hello Curt,

Thanks for using our products.

When
using Aspose.Pdf for .NET, please try using following code lines to use
the license file as an embedded resource. In case you still face any
problem, please feel free to contact.

[C#]

// create a Pdf license object
Aspose.Pdf.License lic = new Aspose.Pdf.License();
// specify the license file name along with Default namespace of application
lic.SetLicense(“MergedAPI.Aspose.Total.lic”);
// set the value to indicate that license will be embedded in the application
lic.Embedded = true;

Where MergedAPI is the default Namespace of my project (Right Click Solution in Solution Explorer
and select Properties. You will see the page with Default Namespace information
).

Hello Curt,

The issue related to “Cannot find black list license resource” has already been logged in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-29371 and I am pleased to inform you that its hotfix will be included in upcoming release version. The new version is in testing phase and is expected to be released in following days. Please be patient and spare us little time. We apologize for your inconvenience.

This solution did not work and gave the same Cannot find black list license resource error mentioned previously.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 29371) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)