Upgrading from Aspose.Slides 18.12 to 21.5 breaks unit tests by incorrectly reporting a link

powerpoint2013_2.5_keysight.zip (35.0 KB)

Our unit test scans a PPT file (see attachment “powerpoint2013_2.5_keysight.ppt”) and verifies the links reported. The first link on the 2nd page is causing the unit test to fail.

The link should be reported as:
\\www.soco.keysight.com
Note: Please refer to the correct link in the image below as the Aspose forum does not show double backslashes before the link, it shows only one.
image.png (3.3 KB)

but this is getting incorrectly reported as:
“file://www.soco.keysight.com”

This started happening after upgrading to Aspose.Slides 21.5.

@vikram.venugopal,
Thank you for the issue description. Could you share a code example demonstrating the problem, please?

Hello,

Attached is the console application in c# that depicts the issue mentioned here. This app uses the Aspose Total license and Aspose slides dll version 21.5
AsposeIssue.7z (381.3 KB)

Thanks,

@Amruthav,
It will take us too long to figure out your code example. Could you isolate the problem and simplify the code example as possible, please?

AsposeIssue-19.7z (572.4 KB)

@Amruthav,
Thank you for the code example. It will take me a while to investigate the issue further. I will answer you as soon as possible.

@Amruthav,
Unfortunately, I didn’t find the www.soco.keysight.com link in the “powerpoint2013_2.5_keysight.ppt” file. Please check your issue description and clarify how to reproduce the problem on my side.

Hello Andrey,

Sorry for the wrong link. It is www.soco.agilent.com. Here is the difference in processing between 18.12 and 21.5 versions of slides dll.
URL -> file:///\\www.soco.agilent.com
Text -> File://www.soco.agilent.com
URL -> File://www.soco.agilent.com
Text -> File://www.soco.agilent.com

Thanks,

@Amruthav,
I reproduced the problem and logged the issue with ID SLIDESNET-42655 in our tracking system. Our development team will investigate this case. You will be notified when it is fixed.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-42655) have been fixed in this update.