*** URGENT*** Cannot open .xls file using Aspose.Excel 3.5.3.3

Hi, I know I’m using an older version of Aspose but it’s not possible to upgrade in the application at this stage of development.

I’m trying to open an Excel file which contains some VBA script. The file, and several other similar files, all previously worked. This specific one doesn’t work anymore, giving the following error:

Open(filepath)

throws this error:

Aspose.Excel.ExcelException {"Your file contains undisclosed information. Please send it to Aspose. Our developers will check and implement right now. "}

The file is attached.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Did this file use to open fine previouly with your underlying version of Aspose.Excel or any previous version?

Since you are using some older version. I 'm afraid you have to upgrade to the latest Aspose.Cells version if you want to figure out the issue. The reason is simple Aspose.Excel is renamed to Aspose.Cells now and we cannot continue to make amendments / developments with the older component(s).

Thank you.

Ok, if I have to upgrade then I suppose I have to upgrade. I already have a license for Aspose.Total.

How do I easily upgrade all my classes and files to use Aspose.Cells instead of Aspose.Excel?
Is there a simple Find-And-Replace I can use, or is it more complicated than that

Thanks.

ps. I’ve searched the forums but I don’t have time to trawl through dozens of pages reading countless matching threads. Sorry…

Hi,

There is not much labour needed while upgrading to the newer Aspose.Cells.

Some APIs (classes, struct, enumerations) are added based on some advanced features that we offer, the previous classes (with their members) are retained and optimised but a few classes are renamed, some additional members (properties, methods etc.) are also included for the classes.

Following is the classes list which are renamed and you may easily utilize find and replace dialog box.

1. Excel class is replaced by Workbook class.

2. ExcelDesigner class is replaced by WorkbookDesigner class.

3. ExcelHelper class is replaced by CellsHelper class.

So you may change your code according.

And for more info, please check the APIs: http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspose.Cells/Api/ and Programmer's guide:

Thank you.

Ok, I’ve successfully upgraded my app to use Aspose.Cells. I’m using version 4.4.0.0.

All my other files work as before, except the attached file. I now get a slightly different behaviour in that the file seems to be corrupted during processing. I was previously getting an Aspose exception. I now get an Excel exception when opening the processed file.

The only thing my app code does is open the file, delete the data from the “Data” sheet, write new data to the “Data” sheet, and update the named range.

Some simple parameter values are then written to the “Parameters” sheet and VBA code handles the rest.

I’ve attached both the before and after files.

Please can you guys get back to me asap.

Many thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for the detail.

After some intial testation, we got the exception while opening the output file into MS Excel. We will check it thoroughly to figure it out soon.

Thank you.

Hi

Any progress on this?
Sorry for pressing but this is an urgent issue for me…

Thanks.

Please try this attached fix.

Thanks very much guys - it works!
Excellent work as always.

:smiley: