URGENT: Error "expected a number object" when trying to digitally sign pdf file created with Aspose.Pdf

Aspose team,

We've recently purchased your product to create pdf documents from Word files. We are able to create the pdf document but when we try to digitally sign the document with a .p12 certificate usinga 3rd party application that we have used before this throws an error: "expected a number object"

Doing some invertigation, I found that this is a common error for corrupt or malformed pdf documents, that are generally created with 3rd party components.

According to the information I gathered this error happens when:

"Searching a CosDict for a CosNumber and found something else"
- Common to find an indirect reference instead of a number
- When working on an international system; some software will use the local numeric delimiter within numbers; for example comma instead of period.
- /BBox [ 0 0 11,4651 10,8281]

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

We will try to resolve this problem ASAP. Can you please provide the Word document and let me test it? Are you using a CultureInfo other than "en-US"?

Thanks for you response.

It turns out that the we were using an older version of the signing application. This "older" version cannot read some of the meta-data in newer Pdfs.

We ended up buying a newer version of the signing component and it worked well with the Pdf docs created by Aspose.

Problem resolved!

Regards,
-ctopete