Urgent: Need help with CommentShape.Placement attribute without AutoSize=true

Hi There,

I'm evaluating the latest release of the Aspose.Cells for .Net library as there were some nagging issues in the older binaries that my company had purchased a few years ago. However, one of the issues still persists even with the latest. I've searched your forum for this problem, but could not find any solution so far. So, any help would be highly appreciated!

This issue is related to setting a comment on a cell. Here's my code:

var comment = worksheet.Comments[worksheet.Comments.Add("A1")];
comment.Note = "Hello World!";
comment.Width = 300;
comment.Height = 100;
comment.CommentShape.Placement = PlacementType.Move;

Now, the problem is that the last line does not work as expected. It does not set the "Object positioning" property of the Comment box to "Move but don't size with cells". In fact, the only time this property works is when it is comment.AutoSize is also set to true, as shown below.

// Works, but then Width and Height properties are ignored!
comment.AutoSize = true;

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I have tested your scenario/ case a bit. After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned. I found setting
CommentShape’s Placement type to “Move” only works with making its
AutoSize on. If we do not set the AutoSize to true, it does not work as
you pointed out.

e.g

Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook();

Worksheet worksheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];

var comment = worksheet.Comments[worksheet.Comments.Add("A1")];
comment.Note = "Hello World!";
comment.CommentShape.Width = 300;
comment.CommentShape.Height = 100;
comment.AutoSize = true;//If we comment this line, it won't work.

workbook.Save("e:\\test2\\out1.xlsx");

I have logged a ticket with an id "CELLSNET-43280" for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Thanks, Amjad. I really appreciate a prompt response. Is it possible to increase the priority of this issue?

Hi Gulsharan,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

If you want to increase the Priority of this issue, then you can consider to purchase Priority or Enterprise Subscription.

( Paid Support Helpdesk - aspose.com )

Also, we have checked your issue status from database and found it is resolved, so we will provide you a fix in couple of days after incorporating other
enhancements and fixes and conducting some extensive testing. Once, it
is available for you, we will let you know asap by posting in this
thread.

Hey Shakeel,

Great to hear that this issue is already resolved! Couple of days should not be a problem, I can wait. Thanks for a prompt support and turnaround on this, much appreciated. I’ll wait for the fix.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.3.1.4 and let us know your feedback.

I’ll test this hotfix shortly. Is there a way to find all the bug fixes and features added since a particular legacy version (v4.7.x) of Aspose.Cells for .Net?

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

v4.7.x is a very old version so there are lot of bug fixes and enhancements since then. You will have to visit this page and open all the released versions and read their release notes.

( http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/default.aspx )

For example, here are the release notes of v8.3.1

( http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/entry592614.aspx )

Also, we are maintaining Public API Changes since v8.0.0

( Public API Changes in Aspose.Cells 8.0.0|Documentation )

We recommend you to upgrade your application to latest version. In case you find difficulty, please take the help of this forum. We will look into your issue and help you asap.

The hotfix seems to have fixed the comment placement issue. However, I noticed a few other features went missing when I copied this DLL into my solution. Any idea when this will make into the latest release?

Hi Gulsharan,

Thank you for the confirmation on previously reported problem. These changes will be included in the upcoming major release of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.3.2, that is scheduled for publication in the last quarter of January 2015. Moreover, the hotfix delivered to you contains all the fixes and enhancements of previous releases therefore it can be used in the production environment without any issue. If you are experiencing any unexpected behavior with this release, we would request you to please create a new thread for every distinct problem, providing the supporting documents and code snippets for thorough investigation.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43280) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.