We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Urgent: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

My appliction has been running the Aspose.Slides for several weeks without any problem.
Now suddenly an error occurs when the license is set. Nothing in the code or configurations has been changed to my knowledge. The error just suddenly appeared.
People are using this site extensively right now so it’s urgent! Please help!
Error details:

Line 21:
Line 22: License license = new License();
Line 23: license.SetLicense(Server.MapPath(“behind/Aspose.Slides.lic”));
Line 24: }
Line 25:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
€..˜(Stream stream) +174
€..˜(String licenseName, Assembly clientAssembly) +169
Aspose.Slides.License.SetLicense(String licenseName) +90
UploadPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) in d:\HostingSpaces\u4552344\posteronscreen.se\wwwroot\behind\fileupload.cs:23
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

Hi Magnus,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the stack trace shared by you and like to suggest you to please try using Aspose.Slides for .NET 7.5.1 in your application. If there is still an issue then please share the sample application reproducing the issue along with complete environment details where by you are using Aspose.Slides.

Many Thanks,

Thanks for your prompt answer!
The error suddenly “disappeared” again and the site is working. Very mysterious. I will upgrade to 7.5.1 and just keep my fingers crossed that it does not happen again.

Hi Magnus,

That is great that things are working on your end. Please share if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,