Urgent: Pivot table and pivot chart not getting copied completely when doing workbook.combine

Hi Babar,

Thanks for the quick turnaround. One of the reported issue is resolved. The pivot table is copied now but the other issue reported was as follows:

When the user right clicks on the chart in the sample input file I attached and selects "Select Data"

The property "Chart data range" has the value : [Test.xls]Test!Pivot16

This property is not set in the new workbook.

Thanks

DJ

Please let me know if you require any further details on the issue that I have mentioned in my previous mail.

Thanks

DJ

Hi DJ,

Thanks for your feedback.
I have noticed the same issue in my output [combined] file. I have attached my comments to the Ticket associated with this thread. Hopefully soon we will resolve this issue. Also we will keep you posted on the ETA of fix.
Thank you for your patience.

Also, pivot table is not getting copied for all cases. Example : please find a sample attached.

Please let me know if you need further details.

Thanks

DJ

Can you please log the issue mentioned in my previous mail as well as another issue?

Thanks for your help

Thanks

DJ

Hi again,

Thanks for your template file.
I have logged my comments to the Ticket associated with this thread. Also I provided my input files and corrupt output file that was generated by combining the two workbook. We will sort this out very soon.

Hi,

Thanks for pointing out this issue as well.

I tried combining your Test2.xls file to new workbook and found the issue as you mentioned. We will also figure it out soon.

thank you.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue. Please download Aspose.Cells for Java v2.5.4.5.

Hi,

Thanks for the fix but it is not working still. If I have 2 workbooks with 2 pivot tables and try to combine, it gives error message:

Unable to read the file

If I try to combine an excel with more pivot tables and charts, it fails combining and copying complete content:

Sample attached: test_sheet.xls

Output combining test_sheet.xls and previously attached Test2.xls together: outputWithAspose.xls

Please let me know if you require further details.

Thanks

DJ

Hi DJ,

Thank you for the feedback.
I have attached your comments to the Ticket attached to this thread, after re-opening it. We will get back to you on this.

Hi Babar,

What is the ETA for resolving this issue? Please advise.

Thanks for your help

DJ

Hi DJ,

I am afraid, right now we do not have any updates on this issue and we have requested ETA for the fix. As soon as we get any news, we will post it here.
Thank you for your patience.

Hi Babar,

Please let me know if there are any further updates on this issues.

Thanks for your help

DJ

Hi,

I am afraid, your issue [CELLSJAVA-28029] is not fixed yet. I have attached your comment. We will update you soon. Thanks for your patience.

Hi DJ,

We are still working on your said issue and we will provide you a fix in next week.
Thank you.

Hi,

We have fixed your said issues related to Combining of Workbooks. Please test your scenario with latest fix version of Aspose.Cells JAVA v2.5.4.7 and let us know of your feedback.

Thank you

Hi Babur,

I am facing a different issue when I try to change the sheet name of the copied sheet. It is losing all pivot chart property

The pivot table is copied now but the other issue reported was as follows:

When the user right clicks on the chart in the sample input file I attached and selects "Select Data"

The property "Chart data range" has the value : [Test.xls]Test!Pivot16

This property is not set in the new workbook.

Thanks

DJ

Sample code:

/*
* File : $Source: $
* Version : $Revision: $
* Date : $Date: $
* Modified by : $Author: $
*/

import java.io.File;
import java.io.FileInputStream;
import java.io.FileOutputStream;
import java.io.IOException;
import java.util.HashMap;
import java.util.Map;

import com.aspose.cells.*;
import org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook;

public class TestAspose
{
static String wd = "C:\\Developer\\TEMP\\frame\\";

@SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception
{
File file = new File("C:\\Developer\\TEMP\\frame\\");
File[] inputFiles = file.listFiles();

License license = new License();
license.setLicense(new FileInputStream("C:\\Developer\\work\\workspace\\TestAspose\\lib\\Aspose.Cells.lic"));
Workbook outputWorkbook = new Workbook();
for (File inputFile : inputFiles)
{

if (!inputFile.getAbsolutePath().equalsIgnoreCase("C:\\Developer\\TEMP\\frame\\master_blank.xls"))
{
Workbook book = new Workbook();

book.open(inputFile.getAbsolutePath());
Worksheets sheets = book.getWorksheets();
Worksheet sheet = sheets.getSheet(0);
sheet.setName("Test");
outputWorkbook.combine(book);
}
}

String fileName = wd + "outputWithAspose.xls";
outputWorkbook.save(fileName, FileFormatType.EXCEL97TO2003);
}

}

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. We will look into this asap and get back to you. I have also saved your comment in our database.

Hi,<br><br>It is not the issue of 

Workbook.combine() function. Currently we do not support to parse and
update the pivot source of chart when update sheet/pivottable’s name.
Even only open the source file that contains pivot chart and then change
the sheet name or pivot table’s name, the source of pivot chart will be
lost. We will look into it soon to check whether we can improve it.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 28029) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.