Urgent Problem

I am using the following code to write multiple documents, save them to the server and then open them on the clients pc. The code runs correctly, creates the correct documents but only open the first one.

Any help gratefully received.

Dim i As Integer

i = 1

While dtAnimal.Read

Dim NewDoc As New Aspose.Word.Document(Server.MapPath(DocName))

NewDoc.MailMerge.RemoveEmptyParagraphs = True

' Create an array of the field names

'NB Field Names are case sensitive - have to be exactly the same as in word doc

Dim fieldNames() As String = {"AuthNo", "VetName", "PracticeName", "Address1", "Address2", "City", "County", "Postcode", "VMDVetNo", "ExpiryDate", "IssueDate", "RCVSNo", "SVetName", "SVetAddress1", "SVetAddress2", "SVetCity", "SVetCounty", "SVetPostcode", "ImporterName", "ImporterAddress1", "ImporterAddress2", "ImporterCity", "ImporterCounty", "ImporterPostcode", "CountryOrigin", "PrevSIC", "OwnerName", "OwnerAddress1", "AnimalName", "Species", "Breed", "Weight", "NoAnimals", "Dosage", "HoldingAddress1", "HoldingAddress2", "HoldingCity", "HoldingCounty", "HoldingPostcode", "FoodProducing", "Justification", "ProductName", "MaNo", "Manufacturer", "Active1", "Active2", "Active3", "PharmForm", "Indications", "Strength", "StrengthUnits", "TotalAmount", "AmountUnits"}

' Create an array of the field values

Dim fieldValues() As Object = {dtApplication.Rows(0).Item("Appno"), dtApplicant.Rows(0).Item("VetName"), dtApplicant.Rows(0).Item("Practice"), dtApplicant.Rows(0).Item("Address1"), dtApplicant.Rows(0).Item("Address2"), dtApplicant.Rows(0).Item("City"), dtApplicant.Rows(0).Item("County"), dtApplicant.Rows(0).Item("Postcode"), dtApplicant.Rows(0).Item("VetNo"), ExpiryDate, IssueDate, dtApplicant.Rows(0).Item("RCVSNo"), dtApplicant.Rows(0).Item("SVetName"), dtApplicant.Rows(0).Item("SVetAddress1"), dtApplicant.Rows(0).Item("SVetAddress2"), dtApplicant.Rows(0).Item("SVetCity"), dtApplicant.Rows(0).Item("SVetCounty"), dtApplicant.Rows(0).Item("SVetPostcode"), dtApplicant.Rows(0).Item("ImporterName"), dtApplicant.Rows(0).Item("ImporterAddress1"), dtApplicant.Rows(0).Item("ImporterAddress2"), dtApplicant.Rows(0).Item("ImporterCity"), dtApplicant.Rows(0).Item("ImporterCounty"), dtApplicant.Rows(0).Item("ImporterPostcode"), dtApplication.Rows(0).Item("staCountryOrigin"), dtApplication.Rows(0).Item("PrevSTANo"), dtAnimal.Item("animalOwner"), dtAnimal.Item("animalAddress"), dtAnimal.Item("AnimalName"), dtApplication.Rows(0).Item("staSpecies"), dtAnimal.Item("AnimalBreed"), dtAnimal.Item("animalWeight"), dtApplication.Rows(0).Item("staNoAnimals"), dtAnimal.Item("animalDosage"), dtApplicant.Rows(0).Item("HoldingAddress1"), dtApplicant.Rows(0).Item("HoldingAddress2"), dtApplicant.Rows(0).Item("HoldingCity"), dtApplicant.Rows(0).Item("HoldingCounty"), dtApplicant.Rows(0).Item("HoldingPostcode"), dtApplication.Rows(0).Item("staFoodProducing"), dtApplication.Rows(0).Item("staJustification"), dtApplication.Rows(0).Item("staProduct"), dtApplication.Rows(0).Item("staMAorigin"), dtApplication.Rows(0).Item("staManufacturer"), dtApplication.Rows(0).Item("staActive1"), dtApplication.Rows(0).Item("staActive2"), dtApplication.Rows(0).Item("staActive3"), dtApplication.Rows(0).Item("staPharmForm"), dtApplication.Rows(0).Item("staIndications"), dtApplication.Rows(0).Item("staStrength"), dtApplication.Rows(0).Item("staStrengthUnits"), dtApplication.Rows(0).Item("staTotalAmount"), dtApplication.Rows(0).Item("staAmountUnits")}

'Fill the fields in the document with user data.

NewDoc.MailMerge.Execute(fieldNames, fieldValues)

'Save the document

DocName = Right(NewAppNo, 5) & "-" & i & ".doc"

' NewDoc.Save(DocName, Aspose.Word.SaveFormat.FormatDocument, Aspose.Word.SaveType.OpenInWord, Response)

NewDoc.Save(Server.MapPath(DocName), Aspose.Word.SaveFormat.FormatDocument)

NewDoc.Save(DocName, Aspose.Word.SaveFormat.FormatDocument, Aspose.Word.SaveType.OpenInWord, Response)

i = i + 1

End While

Hello Shellie,

You cannot send multiple documents in one HTTP response.

I can suggest that you:

1. Design your web server so that client should request each document separately.

2. Or combine these documents in one document.

3. Or zip them together and send an archive in response.