Urgent: SSRS 2016 Support

I noted that over 2 years ago your clients have been asking you if Aspose.PDF for SSRS is supported on SQL Server 2014 or 2016. We purchased APPDF for SSRS based on your website saying it was “for SQL Server Reporting Services 2005 and above”. We’ve installed on SSRS 2016 and it does NOT work.

Your support team said that an internal ticket was raised (ref PDFRS-33543) exactly 2 years ago but has not been updated or responded to. We’ve spent a lot of money on this product and extremely disappointed that your website is misleading customers and that you haven’t updated it for 2 years. If this product does not and will not support SSRS 2016 please confirm how I can receive a full refund.

Thank you.
Richard Fitzgerald
Director, WealthTrack
Applied Systems Ireland

ASPose1.png (67.8 KB)

@rfitzgdublin

First of all, please accept our humble apology. We really apologize for the inconvenience and delay you have faced regarding earlier logged ticket. We have taken your concerns into account and raised priority of logged ticket to the next level. We will soon come back to you with updates on this matter. Please spare us little time.

We again apologize for the inconvenience.

Hello Asad Ali, its been some time since you “escalated” my ticket to the next level. Can you confirm what exactly this means as I have had NO communication from your company whatsoever. We have paid more than $2,000 for software that does not work as advertised. Either you are going to release a version that is compatible with 2016 and provide me with a timeframe or give me a full refund of what we have paid. I do not wish to engage our lawyers on this issue at this time. Please respond urgently.

Thank you
Richard

@rfitzgdublin

The issue logged under free support model have low priority and are resolved/investigated on first come first serve basis. While considering your concerns. we have raised the priority of the ticket so that it can be investigated on urgent basis. We are definitely looking into your requirements and will soon provide our feedback in this regard. We greatly appreciate your patience and comprehension.

We apologize for the inconvenience and delay caused.

@rfitzgdublin

Thanks for your patience.

The issue (PDFRS-33543) was logged in May 2017 and no revision of the API (i.e. Aspose.PDF for Reporting Services) was released since then. Due to some technical difficulties and complexities, we may not be releasing new version any sooner and we regret to share that requested feature may not be implemented.

We request you to please post your concerns in our Purchase forum so that you will be assisted accordingly. We apologize for the inconvenience faced.

Thanks for your eventual response. Not sure why you couldn’t have confirmed you’re not planning to support SSRS 2014 or 16 in your previous post. Anyway, you need to change your website and stop misleading people about “works with SQL Server 2005 and above”. We’ve wasted a lot of time and money on this.

Finally, why do I need to post in yet another forum to get my refund?? This is ridiculous! For the inconvenience you have caused you should be escalating this internally to your accounts department and processing a full refund not asking paying clients to post their private transaction details on a public forum!!!

Sometimes the simple things are best when it comes to customer service guys! Come on, I expected more from a big company like yours. Please give me the contact details (name, number/email) of a real person who can process my refund, that I can communicate with in private not on a bloody forum.

Last time we buy anything from this company.

@rfitzgdublin

We apologize for the trouble and inconvenience you had to face.

You may please find the contact details given on the Contact page of our website.

We are sorry for the misunderstanding - but, supported versions have been mentioned already on product page of Aspose.PDF for Reporting Services in Platform Independence Panel. However, we will surely find any content which could mislead the customers and correct it.

We again apologize for the inconvenience.

@rfitzgdublin

Please note that the Aspose.PDF for Reporting Services now supports SSRS 2016. You may download the latest version and use it at your end: Downloads ---New-Releases-aspose.pdf-for-reporting-services-19.7.0 .

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.