Urgent: Support for Clearing signature field (not removing)

We have an immediate need to clear individual signature fields and re-sign documents signed by multiple parties. It would appear that Adobe Acrobat fields X Version 10.0.0 supports this functionality. Is there some facility in Aspose that also allows for this functionality?

This is related to the needed functionality associated with <a href="</a>. It would appear that removing a signature field after the document is signed corrupts any remaining signature fields which include a full signature. Added a new signature field after the document has been signed also corrupts the existing signatures.</p><p>Again this is an immediate need for a near term software release.</p><p> Thank you for your immediate attention.</p>

Hi Andrew,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for the details.

Please share your template PDF file and sample code with us to help us reproduce the issue at our end. We will check it and get back to you soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Here’s a synopsis of what I’ve included:
- Source input .doc file which is used to generate the pdf to which the signature fields are applied
- The full .Net solution without build specific files (.sou and .user files), License files, and dll files
- The test certificate that we are using.

- Output generated when using our currently supported Aspose dlls (Words 11.6.1.0; Pdf 7.4.0.0)
- Output generated when using the most current Aspose dlls available (Words 11.9.0.0; Pdf 7.2.0.0).

As a note, on top of the signature being invalidated by removing the signed signature field, we also lost the visual appearance of the signature when using the most current dlls which is not acceptable for our application.

We also have an enterprise license agreement. I'm not sure if that means I should be posting to a different area. Please let me know if I should be using a different avenue for help due to this fact.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Andrew,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for the details.

We are looking into your issue and will get back to you soon.

I am able to reproduce the following issues as reported by you using your sample application.

PDFNEWNET-34538: Removing a signature field after the document is signed corrupts any remaining signature fields.

PDFNEWNET-34539: Signature Fields are not showing Signatures with v7.5

Our development team will further analyze your reported issue and we will notify you via this forum thread regarding any updates.

atoth:

We also have an enterprise license agreement. I'm not sure if that means I should be posting to a different area. Please let me know if I should be using a different avenue for help due to this fact.

Well, if you have not purchased a priority support option, you will use the normal support forum to post your issue. Please see the following link for details regarding different support options.

http://www.aspose.com/corporate/services/default.aspx

I just want to make sure you fully understand our need here.

What we are looking to do is to start by adding 2 signature fields and have 2 different users each sign one of the signature fields. This part works as expected. We then want to have one of the users clear the signature the next day and then re-sign the same signature field. This is the part that is not currently supported by Aspose.

We are able to use Adobe Acrobat X Version 10.0.0 to successfully achieve the desired result.

Please confirm that PDFNEWNET-34538 and PDFNEWNET-34539 address this scenario.

Thanks for your help.

I am working on your issue and will get back to you soon.

Sorry for the delay and inconvenience,

Regarding your requirement of re-signing of PDF file using the same Signature Field from which the signature was removed, I have added a feature enhancement request in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-34561. Our development team will further look into it and share their feedback.

We are sorry for the inconvenience,

Hey Nausherwan,

Thanks for the update. This issue is now an immediate need for us. Is there any way to make this the highest priority? I'm not sure if our enterprise license buys us anything here but if we can get this feature in the very near future, I can save our project from having to reengineer our product to work around this issue. An ETA for this fix would be greatly appreciated so that we can plan accordingly.

Thanks for your help and quick responses.

Well, I will request the development team to share an ETA once they are done with their analysis of your reported issues. As you are currently using the normal / free support, you can consider Priority or Enterprise Support options as well. Please see the following link for details:

http://www.aspose.com/corporate/services/default.aspx

We are also noticing that the visual signature for the first signature field to be signed in a document (Note That I said first to be signed and not the first signature filed in the document) does not adhere to font that was set during the graphics creation process for the visual signature. The font that appears is much bigger. We set our fonts based on the document font at the point where the signature is injected.

We found this through testing our signature processes. Our process allows for multiple users to sign a document. These multiple Signers are allowed to sign the document in any order. Each Signer has a predetermined signature field to sign. We noticed that whomever signed first would get the much larger font reflected in their visual signature. The other Signers’ signatures would perfectly correspond with the expected font.

We felt that this issue may be able to be investigated and resolved during the resolution of PDFNEWNET-34539 which also has to do with visual signature issues.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for the help.

Hi Andrew,

I am working over this query and will get back to you soon. We are sorry for this delay.

Has there been any traction on the issues presented in this thread? We have workarounds in place for some of the issues (architecture changes to our product) but we would like to revert back to the original architecture for version 2 of our product if the issues have been resolved. One issue we have not been able to work around is the issue with the inconsistent signature sizing. Any quick feedback on this issue in particular would be greatly appreciated.v<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

atoth:
We are also noticing that the visual signature for the first
signature field to be signed in a document (Note That I said first to be signed
and not the first signature filed in the document) does not adhere to font that
was set during the graphics creation process for the visual signature. The font
that appears is much bigger. We set our fonts based on the document font at the
point where the signature is injected.

We found this through testing our signature processes. Our
process allows for multiple users to sign a document. These multiple Signers
are allowed to sign the document in any order. Each Signer has a predetermined
signature field to sign. We noticed that whomever signed first would get the
much larger font reflected in their visual signature. The other Signers’
signatures would perfectly correspond with the expected font.

Hi Andrew,

Sorry for the delayed response.

I am afraid I am unable to reproduce this issue. Can you please share some sample PDF file containing signature fields and also the code snippet which you are used to add Signature fields to PDF document. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

atoth:
We felt that this issue may be able to be investigated and
resolved during the resolution of PDFNEWNET-34539 which also has to do with
visual signature issues.

The signature field can be marked as invisible only if the flag visible is set to false. This flag is passed as parameter for the most of Sign() methods in PdfFileSignature excepting two of them (signature field invisible by default):

public void
Sign(string SigName, string
SigReason,string SigContact, string SigLocation, Signature
sig) {}<o:p></o:p>

public void Sign(string SigName, Signature
sig) {}

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-34539) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.7.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The visual signature sizing issue was discovered to be in our code base and not an intrinsic issue with the Aspose.PDF dll. We appreciate you looking into the issue and apologize for the inconvenience on that topic.

So is the following recap of where this thread stands correct?

PDFNEWNET-34538 -> Still Open.

PDFNEWNET-34539 -> Closed. Fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.7.0

PDFNEWNET-34561 -> Still Open.

If the recap is correct, am I also correct in my observation that the issues included in the left hand column of the first post are actually tracking the current state of the issues reported in the thread?

Again thanks for the help and the feedback.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, your understanding is correct PDFNEWNET-34538 and PDFNEWNET-43561 issues are open and unresolved yet.We will keep you updated via this forum thread regarding progress of these issues.

Furthermore, issue status in left column of the first post of thread is first hand knowledge of issue status for the customer. But for the detailed issue status customer has to ask from support developers.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Best Regards,

We've just had the chance to try the latest DLLs and we still have a problem with the signature visibility. This caused me to re-read your prior post which stated:

"The signature field can be marked as invisible only if the flag visible is set to false. This flag is passed as parameter for the most of Sign() methods in PdfFileSignature excepting two of them (signature field invisible by default):

public voidSign(string SigName, stringSigReason,string SigContact, string SigLocation, Signaturesig) {}<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

public void Sign(string SigName, Signaturesig) {}"

The issue is that we are using one of the 2 methods stated above as we are locating the signature fields based on the signature name. In the ols DLLs the default behavior was that the signatures were visible. now the default is that the signature is invisible and I don't seem to seem a version of Sign() which uses the signature name and accepts the visible flag. So either I'm missing something or I'd consider PDFNEWNET-34539 to still be open until we can sign based on a signature name and have the that signature field be visible again.

So how would I go about making this happen?

Hi Andrew,

Sorry for the inconvenience faced. I’m working over the query and update you soon.

Best Regards,