Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.
We are afraid, Aspose.Cells does not work with VB6.
You can use Aspose.Cells API with COM Wrapper. First you need to create TLB file. The TLB can be created using following command:
regasm Aspose.Cells.Dll \codebase /tlb:ComComponent.tlb
Please note that not all classes of the API can be exported to TLB as they are generic. After running the command, you will also be able to see the list of classes which are not exported.
How to I make a COM Wrapper for Aspose.Cells?
In order to create a COM Wrapper, you may please:
- Create a Class Library Project in Visual Studio
- Add reference to latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET
- Create methods in your Class which you want to use in your application
- Sign your assembly with public/private key by following the link or going into Signing Tab in project properties
- Build the project and register assembly using regasm. For example,
regasm SampleWrapperAspose.dll \codebase
- Once your wrapper is registered, you can use it in your Application.
Hope, this helps a bit.