Use Aspose.PDF in ASP.NET Application

I'm currently using an evaluation copy of Aspose.Pdf version 2.1.3.0.

For the second day in a row I've experienced the following:
I can develop, debug and run my test ASP.NET app just fine for a few hours, then I receive this error:

Parser Error Message: Access is denied: 'Aspose.Pdf'.

Source Error:

Line 196:  Line 198:  Line 199:  Line 200: 

Source File: c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config Line: 198

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Aspose.Pdf' could not be loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information === LOG: DisplayName = Aspose.Pdf (Partial) LOG: Appbase = file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/TestPDF LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin Calling assembly : (Unknown). === LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind). LOG: Post-policy reference: Aspose.Pdf LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/testpdf/306e11f2/e5a57c07/Aspose.Pdf.DLL. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/testpdf/306e11f2/e5a57c07/Aspose.Pdf/Aspose.Pdf.DLL. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/TestPDF/bin/Aspose.Pdf.DLL. LOG: Publisher policy file is not found. LOG: No redirect found in host configuration file (C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet.config). LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\config\machine.config. LOG: Post-policy reference: Aspose.Pdf, Version=2.1.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc553a201e56 

I have to re-boot my machine to clear the error. What could possibly be the problem?

I’m also getting this error. I don’t know why this happens, but it’s not only the aspose products which gives these errors.

The solution is to shut down the “indexing service” (Administative tools - services).

Best regards,

Jan-Erik

This could really become a big problem if this starts happening on our production server. Does anyone know of a reliable way to resolve this problem?

You could try to set the Indexing Service to start manually. I’ve never had any problems with this on the production server, only when I’m developing. Another thing is that I’m the only one of the people I’m developing with who has this problem, so I don’t know if it might be that I have some other application installed which causes the problem.

This is the only solution I’ve got, and if anyone knows a better way to solve it, I would also be glad to know how.