Use pdf as data entry form in an asp.net page... possible?

Hi..

We have to develop a warranty claim application where the user will have to fill in a different warranty claim depending on the manufacturer of the item under warranty. I was hoping we might be able to use a PDF as the data input form... that way, we could make it the responsibility of each manufacturer to maintain the data input form & we would not have to modify our ASP.NET code every time a manufacturer makes changes to their warranty claim form.

I see how we can use Aspose.pdf.kit to save the form field data to XML... we could then save that XML data to a SQL database. And if the user wants to change a warranty claim form they entered previously, we can load that PDF with the XML data from the SQL database.

But, my question is, is it possible to display the PDF form within an ASP page so the user can add or change data into the PDF fields? Can you point me in the right direction for doing such a thing?

Thanks,

Steph

Hi Steph,

Aspose.Pdf.Kit allows you to fill the PDF forms programmatically either using API to fill individual fields or import the data from XML; you can also export PDF data to XML file. However, I’m afraid, displaying the PDF file in a web page is not particularly related to the Aspose.Pdf.Kit. You can use your .NET code to render the PDF file to the browser and then user can manually fill the fields. However, in that case the file will be on the client end and the user will have to manually save the PDF and then send to the server.

I hope you understand. If you think that I haven’t understood your requirement properly or you find any other questions or concerns, please do let us know.
Regards,