Use True Type Collections TTC && TTF Fonts | Convert Save As Chinese DOCX DOC to PDF XPS C# .NET Code

When a Word document is loaded that contains traditional Chinese characters (PMingLiU font) these characters are not visible when saving the document as pdf or xps. They are converted to the missing placeholder square icon. All other formats are fine.
Viewing the word document on the same machine as the documents are generated so the fonts are installed.
Application is a web app running on IIS7. Save code below:
m_Doc.Save(filePath, SaveFormat.Pdf)

Hi

Thanks for your request. I can successfully convert your document to PDF and XPS on my side (see the attached documents). Most likely the problem occurs on your side, because PMingLiU is installed as True Type Collection (TTC). Currently Aspose.Words does not support TTC fonts. So, please install PMingLiU TTF (I attached this font).
Hope this helps.
Best regards.

Yes it looks to be a True Type Collection. They are either standard Vista fonts or came with Office 2007. I will let you know how the font you supplied goes.
Thanks

Thanks that did the trick. Are TTC’s on the “TODO” list because the SimSun font is a collection as well?

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Yes of course, we are going to support True Type Collections. But currently I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding this feature. You will be notified as soon as it is supported.
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 9619) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(21)

Hi I have attached a zip.
We currently have the problem to convert the html to XPS. It looses the Japanese and Korean characters.
How can you tell me what fonts i need? For both Japanes and Korean?
Regards,
Marco

Hi
Thanks for your inquiry. You can use Arial Unicode MS font, for example. But you should properly specify it in HTML as shown below:

よしおかさ

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more assistance, I will be glad to help you. Best regards,