Use URL instead of folder name for fonts folder

I guess my first issue is that I can’t submit a post using firefox 9.0.1 because the message box cannot be typed into. I’m currently using IE7 to write this.
So I would like to use a URL to specify where to pull the fonts. Currently I’m using FontSettings.setFontsFolder(“xx”) which is working fine except we are changing the way we are accessing the directory. The URL isn’t set up right now (at the time I’m writing this) but I’m guessing it should look something like .lan/fonts.
Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Brannan:
I guess my first issue is that I can’t submit a post using firefox 9.0.1 because the message box cannot be typed into. I’m currently using IE7 to write this.

Our web development team will investigate this problem and get back to you soon.

Brannan:
So I would like to use a URL to specify where to pull the fonts. Currently I’m using FontSettings.setFontsFolder(“xx”) which is working fine except we are changing the way we are accessing the directory. The URL isn’t set up right now (at the time I’m writing this) but I’m guessing it should look something like .lan/fonts.
Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!

I have logged a new feature request in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-8316; we will consider providing a way to specify remote fonts folder location during rendering. Your thread has also been linked to this feature and you will be notified as soon as it is supported. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We have tested making a new forum post using FireFox 9.0.1 and it worked without any problems. Please check the attached screen-shot

Can you please clear your cache particularly cookies and try again.

It looks like I can type in the boxes now and I didn’t even clear my cache/cookies. I guess all I needed to do was restart firefox. Thanks!

And I found out the URL that I will need to use will be in the normal URL format (ex: http://company.com/etc)

I see that a feature request has been created and that is great! But do you know if there is a current work around for this?

Hi,

Thanks for the additional information. I am afraid, there is no workaround available to simulate this behaviour. You will have to wait for the fix. We will keep you informed and immediately let you know via this forum thread once we implement this feature. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi,

Unfortunately we are not going to implement loading fonts from web in the nearest future.

As a workaround you could download the fonts to the memory or to the local folder by yourself. Then you could provide them to Aspose.Wrods using FontSettings.SetFontsFolders or FontSettings.SetFontsSources methods.

Best regards,

Hi,

Regarding WORDSNET-8316, I’m very sorry to share with you that after further investigation our development team has decided that they won’t be able to implement the fix to your issue. So, your issue is now closed with ‘Won’t Fix’ resolution. Please see the workaround suggested here.

Best regards,