UseDestinationStyles Problem when using TableStart:

Hi!

We are moving from Aspose.Words 11 to 11.10 and we noticed something:

We merge two .DOCX documents. The first one define the “Normal” style with a paragraph’s space after of 10. In the second one, the same normal style is there with space after of 10. There’s also a table with TableStart / TableEnd mergefields. Each column of the table overrides the normal style’s space after and set it to 0.

As the example attached to this post shows, if we merge from .doc documents, everything is fine but if we merge from .docx (as we want to), each repeated row in the table is over sized (the space after is set back to 10). Note that the problem occurs only in tables and not for normal paragraphs.

With the OLD DLL (11.0), the problem was not there.

Is there a parameter or something to avoid this behavior?

Regards,

JSr

Additional information… The problem occurs even if using a normal table (without using any mergefield).

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. I have logged this issue as WORDSNET-7660 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

No problem. We have a workaround using .DOC files…! Nice to know the problem is not from our side!

Have a nice day,

JSr

Hi,

It is nice to hear from you that you are using the workaround using .Doc file. We will update you via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

Nice!

Thank you and keep on good work!

JSr

Hi,

Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.

Hi,

Thanks for your patience. I have received response from our development team about this issue (WORDSNET-7660) and like to share with you that this is not a bug.

Please note that Aspose.Words tries to mimic the same behavior as MS Word do. If you insert the contents from the source document (Invoice Template.docx) to the destination document (firstDoc.docx) by using MS Word, you will get the same output file. Please see the attached image for detail.

Please let us know if you have any more queries.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7660) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.