User Interface Control | Editor Viewer Available for Aspose.Words .NET Java Android Platforms? WYSIWYG | Class Library

Searching on the forum, I can see there is no editor/viewer available for Aspose.Words? Are there any plans to introduce an editor? Its kind of self defeatist to say no Word Automation, but that you need Word to create/edit documents if I need to have a WYSIWYG interface to the class library.

Hi Maringa,

Thank you for your interest in Aspose.Words. You should note that Aspose.Words is a class library for working with Word documents programmatically. It provides programmatic access through a rich API to all document elements and formatting that allows to create, modify, extract, copy, split, join, and replace document content without using Microsoft Word. However, It does not provide any graphic user interface for editing/viewing documents. I am afraid, currently we do not have plans to create such editor.

Moreover, Aspose.Words component is totally independent and doesn’t require Microsoft Word to be installed. For more details on “Why not Automation?” topic, I would suggest you please visit the following link:

Please let us know if you need more information, We are always glad to help you.

Best Regards,

Do you know anyone who has created a user interface for the class library?

Hi Maringa,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Here i will suggest you console application(or windows application etc…) where you can utilize class library project by adding its reference.

This is as per my understanding, if you talking about something else, please let me know.

An editor for the document. I dont want to create the documents programmatically.

Hi Maringa,
Thanks for your request. According my knowledge, unfortunately, there is no way to generate document while using editor.

For further details, please let me know.

Hi Maringa,
Thank you for your interest in Aspose.Words. unfortunately currently we do not have any plans to provide UI document editor control. However, there are many good products on the market, which allows editing of MS Word documents, like “TX Text Control”, “Subsystems TE”, “TextDynamics”, “Rad Editor”, “ALLText HT/Pro”. In addition, there are some web-based editors like Buzzword, Google Docs, ZohoWriter. You can try using one of them.
Best regards,