Using Aspose.BarCode in VS.NET

As per our company policy, we are using VS2012, Please provide the solution for VS2012.

I tried in VS2010. The format generated is generated between VS2010 and deployed version is totally different.

Please check the attachment as well.
Hi Suresh,

This is to update you that you can find related information in the readme.txt file. You can find the file on the following path:

..\Aspose.BarCode.ReportingServices_16.10\Bin\ readme.txt

This file describes what folder contains the assemblies you need to use with a particular version of the SQL Server.

Hi,

I have ensured the DLL’s place are in correct version.

a) In VS2010, I am using DLL from bin\VS2012
b) In SQL Server 2012 (in server), I am using DLL from bin\SSRS2012.

Both having 16.0.0.0 version of DLL.

But the problem exist between VS2010 report generation and SSRS report generation.

Please find the attached solution for your reference.

Please check and rectify the issue urgently.

Thanks,
Suresh
Hi Suresh,

Thank you for sharing sample.

The information has been forwarded to our product team. They will further analyze the issue and use the provided sample while investigation. We will update you with the progress via this forum thread.

Hi,

Please update me.

My issue is deployed version and development version barcode generation is different. Due to that, alignment issue is happening in production.
Hi Suresh,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please update us about the issue. We had investigated the issue at our end. It was found that issue “The custom report item type BarCode is not installed.” exists at report design time. Are you facing the same issue or there is some other issue at your end?

Hi,

I am not facing any issue other than the Barcode generation format or width. I have a different in barcode generation between the development mode and the deployment version. I have already attached the PDF generated from the both the development and deployement version. Once again, I am attaching here.

you can notice the width of evey barcode and the number of barcode lines. Actually, the barcode generated in the development mode is correct. We are printing the stickers from the SSRS report. Due to the alignment and size, the print is not printed as expected.

PFA.

Hi Suresh,

Thank you for writing us back.

This is to update you that we are investigating the barcode width issue under ticket ID BARCODENET-36393. We will update you very soon about our findings via this forum thread.

Hi,

Please update the status of my issue.

Thanks,
Hi Suresh,

This is to update you that our product team has investigated the issue. They are able to reproduce the issue. They are working on fixing the issue. A request has been made to provide progress update. We will share it with you once any update is available.

Hi Suresh,

This is to update you that the issue has been fixed. The fix is currently at review and QA stage. It is expected that fix for this issue will be available in our upcoming release Aspose.BarCode for .NET 16.12 that is due in current month.

Hi,

Thanks for your update. Looking forward for the release.

Please update me once it is ready.

Thanks,
Suresh
00971-50-3596964
Hi Suresh,

This is to update you that the issue has been fixed. Please download the latest version Aspose.BarCode for .NET 16.12 from download section and try it at your end. Feel free to contact us in case of any query or comments.

Hi,

Now the barcode format is matching between the development environment and deployed version. The format is same as the server version. But when you print the server version and deployment version from the earlier attachment, you can find the alignment problem (particularly the width of the each column). Please refer and try printing the earlier shared attachment. I feel there are some spaces in the barcode which is causing the problem.

Also i am having another problem that when I click properties from the barcode, the below error appears.

Could not load file or assembly ‘Microsoft.ReportingServices.Designer.11.0, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I am following up with this issue for more than 6 months and still i cannot utilize the tool. every time i am getting some update or patch and it leads to different problem. Please if possible come on skype (axonsuresh) to show and sort out the issue once for all.

Thanks,
Suresh
050-3596964

Hi Suresh,

This is to update you that the issue has been logged into our system with Ids BARCODEREP-21, BARCODEREP-22. Following are the details about the issue IDs.

BARCODEREP-21: Barcode Alignment issue
BARCODEREP-22: Accessing the Barcde properties in design view throw exception

We need more information regarding your second issue that is about design time exception. Please provide us more details about what version of VS you are using and how you tried to access/integrate the Aspose.BarCode DLL and any other related information that can be helpful. This will help us to reproduce the issue at our end.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi Ikram,

I have reinstalled the setup which is Aspose.BarCode.ReportingServices_16.12).

For your information, the issue is not for .NET. I am facing the problem in SSRS. Earlier post also you have shared dotnet setup link for download. But I have downloaded form SSRS report.

As per your request, please find the details below.

VS Studio Version : VS 2010 (as it is not working in VS2012. please refer to the attachment)
Have configured the setup as provided in the below URL.

http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/barcodereportingservices/Visual+Studio+Configuration

Thanks,

Hi Suresh,

Thank you for sharing issue details with us.

The information has been shared with the product team. They will use it during investigation of the issue. We will soon update you about our findings.

Hi Suresh,

This is to update you that our product team is working on the issues. During investigation it was found that accessing the barcde properties in design view in VS2012 is working fine.

Use the latest version i.e. v16.12 (already released). Copy the DLL from install path + /Bin/VS2012/Aspose.BarCode.ReportingServices.dll and paste it to path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies". It will work fine. Sample screenshot has been attached for your reference.

Hi Ikram,

Private assembly folder already had the latest version. But after replacing the latest version dll in the public assemblies, it started to work in VS2012.

Please look into the issue of the barcode width as per my earlier message. the height of the barcode is ok. but width is getting increased due to may be some space in barcode.

The barcode generation should fit within the assigned width of the barcode control.

Please do the needful.

Thanks,
Hi Suresh,

Thank you for writing us back.

Please change ‘Margins’ property for barcode component to avoid spaces near barcode as shown in the reference screenshot attached. We have tested and it was observed that with these changes (Margins settings), now columns are equal to your old attachment ("rptDNBarcode++-+From+VS2010.pdf").