Using Aspose.Cells in a web server environment

Hi:

We plan to use Aspose.Cells in a web server environment. The basic pattern is this (per thread): read a spreadsheet template, import some data into the spreadsheet, perform calculations and finally extract the results and display them using html (this happens in the memory, no data saving is involved).

Have you guys tested the library in such a context, web app, multiple users, using the engine to calculate and display results?

I am going run my tests as well, but I don’t like to have surprises - memory leaks, file handles that are not closed and who knows what else. I noticed that the Workbook class doesn’t have a close method so I assume that after you read a spreadsheet you also close the file.

Thanks

Hi,

I think Aspose.Cells can suit your needs. Aspose.Cells for .NET library is written in managed C#.NET, so, concurrency and multithreading is not a problem by any means. Aspose.Cells for .NET does support Multithreading and you may create multi-threaded applications using Aspose.Cells.

Aspose.Cells for .NET is multi-thread safe as long as only one thread works on a document at a time. It is a typical scenario to have one thread working on generating separate document. Our several users do use the product in multi-threaded based applications.

Please do evaluate by running your test cases. We have enhanced the product regarding performance and efficiency in diverse scenarios. If you find any issue, let us know.

Thank you.