Using Aspose.Email.dll for .NET as COM in Delphi Tokyo

Hello,
I’m trying to use Aspose.Email.dll for .NET into my Delphi Tokyo IDE (version 10.2 update 1):

1. I have installed the last version of Aspose using the MSI
  2. As it is written in the [online help here ](https://docs.aspose.com/display/emailnet/Using+Aspose.Email+for+.NET+via+COM+Interop), I have used the regasm tool (I’ve found it in the following folder C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319 because Visual Studio is not installed on my computer) with the Aspose.Email.dll library and the /codebase parameter. As a result, I have a message telling that the library is well registered.
  3. Then I have launched the Microsoft OleView.exe tool to have a look at the available classes and the problem is that only Exception classes are available. If I do the same thing with Aspose.Pdf.dll, Aspose.Words.dll or Aspose.Slides.dll, I can see all the classes from these libraries.
    aspose_oleview.png (16.9 KB)
  4. In my Delphi project, I have an error when I try to create an email license object like that
    lic2 := CreateOleObject(‘Aspose.Email.License’); //where lic2 is an OleVariant type
    The error message is: “Incorrect class, ProgID: Aspose.Email.License”
    When I do the same thing with the Aspose.Words.License, I have no error.

Can you tell me if the Aspose.Email.dll library can still be used as COM with Delphi ? If it is still possible, can you help me using it ?

Thank you very much,
Andre

@didierurban,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support team.

We have observed this issue in Aspose.Email, where as Aspose.Words works fine. It is logged under Id:EMAILNET-38841 for further investigation by the product team. You will be automatically notified once any update is received in this regard.

Hello,

We are desperate having this feature. Do you have a release date when this issue will be corrected.

Best regards,
Andre

@didierurban,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support team again. This issue is logged too recently and still in queue for analysis by the product team as many other tasks are already in progress . Once it is analyzed and planned for resolution, you will be automatically notified here when updated version is available online for download. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you in this regard.

@didierurban,

This issue has been fixed in the latest release of Aspose.Email for .NET 17.10 which is available for download now.