Using Aspose Java inside Sybase SQL Anywhere 12: "Cannot find black listed licenses resource."

Hi, Sybase SQL Anywhere 12 has a feature that allows a user to import classes and call those classes directly from the SQL. I uncompressed the Aspose.Words for Java JAR and I added every class to the database form the JAR (classes must be added before they can be called).

However, whenever I try to call the License.setLicense function using Aspose, I get this error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot find black listed licenses resource. Please report this error to Aspose.

I’ve tested my code outside of the database and it works fine (it’s a very simple few lines that uses Aspose to convert a Word doc to HTML).

My company is certainly interested in licensing Aspose for use in our products, but we need to be able to call Aspose conversion code from the database.

Thank you!

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your inquiry. Perhaps, you are using an older version of Aspose.Words. I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. v11.10.0 and let us know how it goes on your side. I hope, this will help.

If you still face problem, please share your code along input document with us. We will setup Sybase SQL Anywhere 12 at our side to test this issue. We will post the results here for your kind reference.