Using Aspose.Pdf for SSRS in Visual Studio Project

Beside the fact of using Aspose.Pdf for SSRS in Report Server, you can also add Aspose.Pdf rendering extension directly to the Visual Studio 2005 or 2008 Report Designer (Business Intelligence Development Studio). This will enable you to export your reports to PDF documents right in design time, without the need to upload the reports to Report Server first.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Please spare some moments to watch the video tutorial on Using Aspose.Pdf for SSRS in Visual Studio Project

Hello,

I’m curently evaluating the Aspose.Pdf.ReportingServices component in order to use it in a project for one of our clients.

The purpose is to use the library to generate a pdf from a rdlc (client mode) report.

I followed all the steps needed to configure the libarry for use with rdlc, but whne I try to export to Aspose PDF I get the following exception:

Unable to cast object of type ‘Aspose.Pdf.ReportingServices.Renderer’ to type ‘Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportRendering.IRenderingExtension’.

Do you have any idea why this happens?

I took a look with Reflector and the exception is thrown in the LocalRenderingExtensionInfo.Instantiate() method which contains the following code:

internal IRenderingExtension Instantiate()

{

if (this.m_type == null)

{

throw new Exception(“Internal Error: Direct instantiation is only available during standalone local mode”);

}

return (IRenderingExtension) Activator.CreateInstance(this.m_type);

}

The cast in the last line throws the exception.

Please give me a hint/idea about how to solve this issue.

Thank you!

Please check the following link for information regarding its resolution

<a rel=“nofollow” target="_new" href="https://forum.aspose.com/t/118235