Using Aspose.Slides with Visual fox pro

hi please i want a clarification ,because i want to use Aspose. Slides dll in visual fox pro , i tried to search Google but i didn’t find anything interesting , please i want straight forward solutions , thanks a lot .

Hi Kamel,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed your query and like to share that this is first of its kind and I am unsure about this. In my initial opinion Aspose.Slides for .NET may not be used in Visual Fox pro. Also, at the moment the COM support for Aspose.Slides is also in implementation phase and that may help in using Aspose.Slides with Visual Fox pro. However, I have created an issue with ID SLIDESNET-33826 in our issue tracking as investigation for assured response from our development team. I will share the updates with you as soon as the response will be shared by our development team.

Many Thanks,

Hi Kamel,

Our development team has investigated the issue and unfortunately it is not possible to directly access Aspose.Slides.dll for .NET library from inside of a VFP program.

As described on Accessing External Libraries | Microsoft Learn, Visual FoxPro makes it possible for you to access these kinds of external libraries:

• ActiveX controls (.ocx files) and Objects;
  • Visual FoxPro external libraries (.fll files).
  • Dynamic-link libraries (.dll files);

Actually, Aspose.Slides.dll does not expose any ActiveX controls. Also, Aspose.Slides.dll is not a kind of Visual FoxPro external libraries. And finally, although Aspose.Slides.dll is a dll file it is not a “regular” Win32 Dynamic-link library but it is a .NET assembly and thus it cannot be directly used by unmanaged programs.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-33826) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.