Using Aspose Words, how to set the PDF language when word document is saved as pdf file

Hi,

I have a word document and I use Aspose Words to save it as PDF but the language of the PDF is always in English. How to set the generated PDF’s language using Aspose Words. I already tried the
LoadOptions, but the PDF generated’s language is still English as per Adobe Acrobat.

LoadOptions loadOptions = new LoadOptions();
loadOptions.LanguagePreferences.AddEditingLanguage(EditingLanguage.Japanese);

var doc = new Aspose.Words.Document(templateFilePath, loadOptions); 

Thank you.

Regards,
qme

@qme

The LanguagePreferences class implements ‘Set the Office Language Preferences’ dialog in Word. Could you please ZIP and attach your input Word document, problematic PDF and expected PDF files here for testing? We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.

I have a Word document created from MS Word where I set the language in MS Word and then I used Aspose.Words to save it as PDF. The resulting PDF’s language is always in English as seen in Adobe Acrobat (see screenshot in zip file). How to set PDF’s language to a specific language via Aspose.Words so that if the word document is save as PDF, then the language is set as well? Is there a PDFSavingOption for that?
SampleWordReport.zip (103.5 KB)

@qme

You are facing the expected behavior of MS Word. Please note that Aspose.Words mimics the behavior of MS Word. If you perform the same scenario using MS Word, you will get the same output.

When saving document to PDF, MS Word sets the default document language according to the default editing language in MS Word settings. If particular run nodes language differs from the default value then it is exported via logical structure/marked content.

Aspose.Words does not has access to the default editing language in the MS Word settings and sets the default PDF document language according to the default locale. Aspose.Words also marks the runs nodes with different language via logical structure/marked content.

Okay… I tried changing the Region settings (country and regional format) in Windows 10 pc to a different country but when Aspose.Words save it as PDF, it is still in English… Am I missing something?

Were you able to produce PDF using Aspose Words that has a different language other than English?

Thank you.

I figured it out… it’s by setting the LocaleId via code before saving it to pdf… right?

doc.Styles.DefaultFont.LocaleId = 1041

@qme

Aspose.Words sets the default PDF document language according to Document.Styles.DefaultFont.LocaleId. You can use this property in your code.